Dethonray Honey H1 - USB DAC/AMP
Apr 18, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #662 of 1,004
After upgrading to the Honey-Sensitive_IEM.hex Firmware in the 3.6 update
I see the modified Volume very smoothly when increasing or decreasing the volume, it's good, you should give it a try
Screenshot_20210406-085914_RAR~2.png
Have you experienced issues with the music cutting out and only coming back when the volume knob is turned?

I‘ve observed this when playing music on my Ipad with Qobuz

Otherwise I can confirm that the volume increases/decreases much smoother with this version of the firmware

Apr 18, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #663 of 1,004
Have you experienced issues with the music cutting out and only coming back when the volume knob is turned?

Otherwise I can confirm that the volume increases/decreases much smoother with this version of the firmware
Yes, I get this with my iPhone/iPad and the new firmware.

Apr 19, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #664 of 1,004
I saw someone asked this but didn't get an answer as far as I can see.

Can you leave this plugged in on your desk? Is the battery protected from damage? That would be huge for someone using it mostly on a desktop, and not wanting to have to remember to keep yet another device charged all the time.

Apr 19, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #665 of 1,004

I don't use iphone and ipad, I use android and don't have the same phenomenon as yours, everything is working fine

Apr 19, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #666 of 1,004

In my case the volume drops and I have to turn the knob a little to get it back to normal. And this has happened not that frequently.

Apr 19, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #668 of 1,004
I don't use iphone and ipad, I use android and don't have the same phenomenon as yours, everything is working fine
On Android everything works fine for me as well.

I saw someone asked this but didn't get an answer as far as I can see.

Can you leave this plugged in on your desk? Is the battery protected from damage? That would be huge for someone using it mostly on a desktop, and not wanting to have to remember to keep yet another device charged all the time.

I guess this is impossible to say without knowing the internals. The only thing that I can offer are some observations. If you keep it plugged in the charging light goes out when the battery is full and the unit just sits there completely cold.

Apr 19, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #669 of 1,004
On Android everything works fine for me as well.

I guess this is impossible to say without knowing the internals. The only thing that I can offer are some observations. If you keep it plugged in the charging light goes out when the battery is full and the unit just sits there completely cold.

What about playing while charging from the wall? Any known issues there?

Apr 19, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #670 of 1,004
What about playing while charging from the wall? Any known issues there?
Not that I’m aware off. I sometimes listen while charging and it works like it does on batttery.
No hiss or anything like that on my Andromedas.
I have not payed any attention to e.g. temperature of the unit between playing on battery vs. playing while charging

Apr 19, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #671 of 1,004
Has anyone here had a chance to compare H1 and Centrance Mini M8 V2? I sadly had no such opportunity and have to either avoid buing any off them (which would be a shame) or to bite a bullet and buy one at random. So any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Apr 21, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #672 of 1,004
Just have honey for about 3 weeks, i just loved the smooth sound on this device, but i recently noticed something weird anomaly, especially in some specific track like "2049" from"Blade Runner 2049" by Hans Zimmer (Spotify Track)

I tried 3.3 and 3.6 firmware varian version inc. the ultraman firmware, and it's still the same, it's has some kind of distortion, looks like static/clipping noise sound on the sound background and it happened constantly from the start 00:01 until around 00:58 mark just for example.

I tried different desktop dac and my dap, there's no constant static sound like that, only on my Honey.

Already consulted with Anson, he said he didnot experience that static noise on his unit, maybe i just got bad apple, luckily he tried helped me on this, i couldnot compare different unit like he did since i bought this from online distributor.

Maybe perhaps, anyone experience the same, just want to make sure if there's no others solution except RMA this unit (Keep in mind this only on around volume more beyond that 50% or louder in my case, same also with SE and Balance, tested also different phone, laptop, and it's the same behaviour), i tested with different cans and different source, the problem definitely not there, only on honey and those specific track, also 2nd track i found that has same behaviour is "Coliseum" by "Omniboi", but '2049' is more apparent.

Apr 22, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #673 of 1,004
Just have honey for about 3 weeks, i just loved the smooth sound on this device, but i recently noticed something weird anomaly, especially in some specific track like "2049" from"Blade Runner 2049" by Hans Zimmer (Spotify Track)

I tried 3.3 and 3.6 firmware varian version inc. the ultraman firmware, and it's still the same, it's has some kind of distortion, looks like static/clipping noise sound on the sound background and it happened constantly from the start 00:01 until around 00:58 mark just for example.

I tried different desktop dac and my dap, there's no constant static sound like that, only on my Honey.

Already consulted with Anson, he said he didnot experience that static noise on his unit, maybe i just got bad apple, luckily he tried helped me on this, i couldnot compare different unit like he did since i bought this from online distributor.

Maybe perhaps, anyone experience the same, just want to make sure if there's no others solution except RMA this unit (Keep in mind this only on around volume more beyond that 50% or louder in my case, same also with SE and Balance, tested also different phone, laptop, and it's the same behaviour), i tested with different cans and different source, the problem definitely not there, only on honey and those specific track, also 2nd track i found that has same behaviour is "Coliseum" by "Omniboi", but '2049' is more apparent.
I have tested 2 tracks Coliseum and 2049 on my H1 are not as noise as you, maybe your honey h1 has a problem please send it back to the store where you bought it so they can check the warranty for you.

Apr 23, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #674 of 1,004
I just got a Honey. Very pleased with the sound. Have a few questions/issues.

Firstly, even with FW 3.3, the volume is pretty jumpy and not even. Some turns change the volume a lot, some just a little. Sometimes it just jumps up during a turn. Is this normal?

Second, when plugged into the computer and using foobar, setup as recommended in the manual, the there's glitches at the start of songs or when skipping forward in songs. Is this normal?

Third, the gain button and LO buttons dont feel even. Going in one direction they click into place nicely and the other direction they kind of just slide with some resistance. Is this normal?

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #675 of 1,004
I just got a Honey. Very pleased with the sound. Have a few questions/issues.

Firstly, even with FW 3.3, the volume is pretty jumpy and not even. Some turns change the volume a lot, some just a little. Sometimes it just jumps up during a turn. Is this normal?
Yes the volume is kind of jumpy on 3.3. If you are using a normal to drive headphone I would recommend the 3.6 IEM version of the firmware for smooth volume control. It says IEM but I‘ve also used it with my Oppo PM3 and HE4XX without problems
Second, when plugged into the computer and using foobar, setup as recommended in the manual, the there's glitches at the start of songs or when skipping forward in songs. Is this normal?
I‘ve not used it on foobar. So no idea. But I had some volume issues with the Ipad so I guess the firmware is not 100% yet.
Third, the gain button and LO buttons dont feel even. Going in one direction they click into place nicely and the other direction they kind of just slide with some resistance. Is this normal?
Mine switch about the same in both directions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back