Dethonray Honey H1 - USB DAC/AMP
Nov 19, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #197 of 1,004
Is someone able to play his music through the H1 via an apple smartphone? I have 2 cable USB-C to Lightning (charge and data) and no one works...

Nov 19, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #199 of 1,004
Is someone able to play his music through the H1 via an apple smartphone? I have 2 cable USB-C to Lightning (charge and data) and no one works...

I have it working without any issues with an iphone 8 and lightning usb-c cable. It is an accessoiry cable glorioussound will take on stock.

Its not an audiophile high end cable, but works fine. I do not have other cables to try out here, but I guess it should work with any good cable.

I also tried the officlal "Apple camerakit USB-3" with ann usb to usb-c cable and that had some issues. Not sure if that was the usb to usb-c cable

glorioussound usb-c lightning cable.JPG

Nov 20, 2020 at 2:17 AM Post #201 of 1,004
Nov 20, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #202 of 1,004

No problems connecting to the H1 with both an iPhone 11 Pro and an iPhone 12 Pro Max. Using the Hiby Music app I can easily play files on my NAS when I am at home. PCM files are rock solid although DSD playback is unreliable at the moment. I hope a future firmware update can resolve this once and for all.

PXL_20201120_080951186.NIGHT_Original.JPG

Nov 20, 2020 at 3:56 AM Post #203 of 1,004
No problems connecting to the H1 with both an iPhone 11 Pro and an iPhone 12 Pro Max. Using the Hiby Music app I can easily play files on my NAS when I am at home. PCM files are rock solid although DSD playback is unreliable at the moment. I hope a future firmware update can resolve this once and for all.

PXL_20201120_080951186.NIGHT_Original.JPG
Sony R10?

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #206 of 1,004
Just get the xDuoo X10T II and tried it with the H1. The X10T II is a digital transport, it requires an external DAC and amp to play back your music files. I will go straight to the point. It's disappointing, because making the H1 work is a question of luck. The connection via USB-C is recognized by the xDuoo without any problem. The issue is that the H1 either just refuses to play the music back or just certain files. Sometimes the green light on the front side lights up, sometimes not or randomly appears/disappears. It's not a question of format, because I have everything in Flac or Aiff, which is supported by the X10T II.

Does someone also tried the H1 via a digital transport or even a DAP with USB-C and experienced the same problem I have with the xDuoo?

Nov 21, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #207 of 1,004
Just get the xDuoo X10T II and tried it with the H1. The X10T II is a digital transport, it requires an external DAC and amp to play back your music files. I will go straight to the point. It's disappointing, because making the H1 work is a question of luck. The connection via USB-C is recognized by the xDuoo without any problem. The issue is that the H1 either just refuses to play the music back or just certain files. Sometimes the green light on the front side lights up, sometimes not or randomly appears/disappears. It's not a question of format, because I have everything in Flac or Aiff, which is supported by the X10T II.

Does someone also tried the H1 via a digital transport or even a DAP with USB-C and experienced the same problem I have with the xDuoo?
I have been using an android phone with bandcamp streaming, and two HiBy system players, Hidizs AP80 and HiBy R3pro. Android has been trouble-free, but the only thing I'm doing is streaming from the Bandcamp platform. Both the players have an issue when I'm doing shuffle play of just randomly disconnecting. One of my favorite thing is to put my library (currently at 11504 files/about 560 GB, 99.9% wav) on shuffle. Both the players will go for quite a while and then at some point start dropping the connection, sometimes a few times in a row, plays a song, and then silence, look at the player and it is still playing. Have to physically pull the USB C cable and reinsert, and it connects right back up. Then won't do it for a while, some days not at all. Hopefully some future update will fix that. Also the light on the front thing, have no idea, what that is even supposed to indicate. Goes on and off randomly.

I looked at the same xDuoo at one point and recall being put off by something about it, I think it had some kind of limit in the size card it would take or number of files it could handle? Didn't make sense since after all it only does one thing.

I really don't find the HiBy issue terribly annoying. The Hidizs is only about 150 USD and handles up to theoretical 2TB. The HiBy is nice, bigger screen, real good battery.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #209 of 1,004
Just tried HE-1000SE with H1 Honey with a humble Cayin N3pro as transport. I was surprised the HE-1000SE can sound so good with such a simple set-up. I have to say diminishing return bit hard when I switched to my desktop set-up which cost more than 10 times higher (Aurender X100=> Rockna Wavedream=> DNA Stratus). While HE-1000SE sounds more refine with more details and bigger soundstage on the desktop set-up partly due to the tube amplifier, H1 Honey has really done a very respectable job driving the HE-1000SE with good transparency and engagement.

Nov 22, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #210 of 1,004
I hope Dethonray have in their possession, all the AK4497 DAC chips they need for their H1 production run, during the time that AKM rebuilds their factory after the recent fire.
:fire:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back