Dethonray Honey H1 - USB DAC/AMP
Jan 31, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #391 of 1,004
Anyone know if the honey can run purely off of USB power? As in, can it bypass the battery when using it as a desktop system like iFi stuff can?>

Feb 1, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #392 of 1,004
Hi
I've sent the Honey H1 to an audiophile friend for testing, and he can't get the device to work with any smartphone including the Apple ones. It works with PC.

My devices were OK as I used it with almost anything except for an Apple smartphone. I wonder if it's the cable.

Hi,

I have the original "apple usb 3 camera adapter" that used to work with some USB Dacs, this cable doesnt work anymore with most DACs and it also doesnt work with the Honey. I have new different cable that works flawless with iphones, I have not tried android phones yet. ( So not all cables work)

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #393 of 1,004
Anyone know if the honey can run purely off of USB power? As in, can it bypass the battery when using it as a desktop system like iFi stuff can?>

The Honey H1 has two USB-c ports separate ports for Power and Signal. It cannot run purely off the USB power into the signal usb-c port.

To be honest I have never tried to charge ( with two cables) and play at the same time. The power circuit is sophisticated and an important part of the design to prevent interfering with the signal.

Feb 2, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #394 of 1,004
The Honey H1 sounds better than my DX7 Pro. This became apparent last Saturday after a long sesh with the H1 when I went to the DX7 Pro. The H1 is really something

Feb 3, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #399 of 1,004
H1 with Dunu ZEN via 4.4mm, highly recommended pairing.

3CB63CA8-3079-4D0F-B358-44891A10C16C.jpeg

Feb 3, 2021 at 2:54 AM Post #402 of 1,004
Nice! How does the Zen compare with other IEMs via the H1? I was torn between this and the FD5 but the ease of availability made me pull the trigger on the latter.
The H1 makes all my IEMs shines, single DD, hybrid and BAs-only. Still, the ZEN and my CIEM are benefiting the most from the H1, maybe because they scale very well with some sources and amp.

The ZEN sees his slightly elevated upper mids being very well controlled via the H1. The subbass is real, but realistic and absolutely not boomy. Impressive performance regarding the bass in general. Treble is smooth, but all details are there. Layering is great also, especially with well-recorded music. It’s a literally a multi-layered listening experience.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #403 of 1,004
The H1 makes all my IEMs shines, single DD, hybrid and BAs-only. Still, the ZEN and my CIEM are benefiting the most from the H1, maybe because they scale very well with some sources and amp.

The ZEN sees his slightly elevated upper mids being very well controlled via the H1. The subbass is real, but realistic and absolutely not boomy. Impressive performance regarding the bass in general. Treble is smooth, but all details are there. Layering is great also, especially with well-recorded music. It’s a literally a multi-layered listening experience.
Thanks! The H1 is wonderful indeed.

Feb 3, 2021 at 3:08 AM Post #405 of 1,004

Users who are viewing this thread

Back