Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Jan 29, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #1,651 of 2,316
You have HA2 if I have not misunderstood .....
Correct. I only have the HA-2 & DTR1, hooked with the dual 3.5 cable, when I use both.

Jan 30, 2021 at 12:41 AM Post #1,652 of 2,316
See, this is where my findings differ. Of course they do have to be well braided, but they do sound different, too. Not that much to hear with my Calyx M but that changed when I got my LPGT ti, where I can hear quite a difference between those small cables. Funny thing is that a cheaper cable (although from Oyaide) is better sounding (or has a better synergy) than my 400 dollars Palladium interconnect, at least with my amp/headphone. That’s why I also bought (again) that interconnect I sold you last year hahahaha, and now also the Furutech you mentioned. Just to play around a bit and try figuring out which one works best. In the Future I also might wanna look into the Romi Audio interconnects. Thanks for that tip buddy 👍
I meant Oyaide, not Furutech, my bad 🤦‍♂️

Jan 30, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #1,654 of 2,316
No problem. They both are top notch. Thing is: Now I do hear differences. That’s a nice thing. Maybe because of the added resolution? Doesn’t matter. Something to play with (again). Oh, this hobby isn’t boring at all 😜

In what terms do you feel the difference? In the sense ..... by changing the cable between DAP and Amp, does the musicality of the dap change or some of its nuances? It's interesting .....

Jan 30, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #1,655 of 2,316
In what terms do you feel the difference? In the sense ..... by changing the cable between DAP and Amp, does the musicality of the dap change or some of its nuances? It's interesting .....
Difficult to say. It just changes the sound enough for me to notice it. Of course not night and day. But if you know your source (with the amp) well, you perceive a slight shift. At least I do with my setup. Also my Palladium plated OCC silver headphone cable might help in that regard. It’s super resolving.

Jan 30, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #1,656 of 2,316
I have already heard a lot of good talk about this combination of silver and palladium sometimes. There is a Penon cable (I don't remember the name ....) in silver / palladium which I have heard well about. It is also true that there are not many manufacturers who risk silver and palladium. That you know there is also a 3.5 mm to 3.5mm connection cable in silver and palladium? So for curiosity ...

Jan 30, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #1,657 of 2,316
2021-01-30 16.51.33.jpg

either of these with DTR are amazing. (white is a Pure II+, black is a Duo II)

Jan 31, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #1,659 of 2,316
How does the sound change between the two amps you posted?
I would say the Pure II+ has a little bigger staging and more 'open' sounding. The Duo is denser. It has a two-stage bass boost, Stage 1 also seems to boost treble a little, as well, Stage 2 moves the bass more into the middle of the picture and is probably 'dedicated bass-head only' territory. In common they both have this feel that reminds me of a good tube guitar amp head pushed into distortion, they have this very euphonic feeling of power, an even-order harmonic kind of sound. Sorry, hope that is not thread-jacking. Bottom line is that the DTR sounds really good with both.

Jan 31, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #1,660 of 2,316
I would say the Pure II+ has a little bigger staging and more 'open' sounding. The Duo is denser. It has a two-stage bass boost, Stage 1 also seems to boost treble a little, as well, Stage 2 moves the bass more into the middle of the picture and is probably 'dedicated bass-head only' territory. In common they both have this feel that reminds me of a good tube guitar amp head pushed into distortion, they have this very euphonic feeling of power, an even-order harmonic kind of sound. Sorry, hope that is not thread-jacking. Bottom line is that the DTR sounds really good with both.
HA 2 instead while increasing the power ... Does it always keep the low range of the DTR1 neutral and a bit analytical? I am not a lover of the low range ..... So maybe over HA2 what comes close is more the DUO and not Pure II+?

Jan 31, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #1,661 of 2,316
HA 2 instead while increasing the power ... Does it always keep the low range of the DTR1 neutral and a bit analytical? I am not a lover of the low range ..... So maybe over HA2 what comes close is more the DUO and not Pure II+?
I have not heard HA 2 to compare. Also, I am not sure what you were saying about the bass? Neither of these are purely transparent, they both to me enhance the bass a little in quality while the Duo increases quantity. The DTR all on its own has incredible dynamics, throwing the Vorz into the chain seems to improve the spatial imaging.

Jan 31, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #1,662 of 2,316
I had the Duo II once. Sold it. HA-2 is much more resolving and cleaner sounding. Much more power too. I preferred it by quite a margin over the Duo II, that’s why I sold it after hearing the HA-2 :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #1,664 of 2,316
I have to say that I am really enjoying being able to just plug my Etymotic earphones right into the DTR1 and not having to carry around an amp. But when I was using an amp with my old DAP, my cable was from the USA Company "Blue Jeans Cable". I've listened to some higher-priced cables over the years but I just can never tell the difference. I like that Blue Jeans just uses high quality Belden wire and has welded terminations. I've never had any cables that were more solidly built - I also use one of their cables to connect the DTR1 to my little Tripath amp and I also use their speaker cables. (yes, it's a very bulky DAP to Amp cable but I would always have everything in a small bag)

IMG_20210201_071629972.jpgIMG_20210201_071827010.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back