detachable cable connectors
May 31, 2009 at 5:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

earthpeople

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm recabling my headphones and want to make the cable detachable. I know the higher level Sennheiser headphones have those small plugs for the cable, is there anyway I could acquire a set? Are these sold anywhere? I would need two plugs and two jacks.

Or perhaps there is another type of plug I can use? I would like to keep the connectors small.

Thanks everyone.

May 31, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #3 of 8
you cant buy the sockets, only the connectors

May 31, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #5 of 8
I believe that Cardas sells Senn connectors.

May 31, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #6 of 8
weren't there people modding their Grado's into have a mono 2.5mm jack on each side? perhaps you could try something similar

May 31, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #7 of 8
Yeah, seems I can buy the Senn plugs but without the sockets it's not much use to me.

I looked into using a 2.5mm connection, but all the ones I found had barrels that were too long. It would make too hard a fit inside the headphone cup.

I stumbled across this. Think this would work? Don't know how it would affect the sound though. If I run the cable with something decent, I don't think it would be good to terminate with a bad connector (which I don't know if this is or not).

maybe this one? Or this?

[edit; nevermind that first link. I'm looking at the second two, either the black set or the red set with the weird pins. Do you think it's worth the extra money for the red one? It would be $2.96 shipped for the black simple ones or $7.28 shipped for the red ones.]

Thanks for the input

[edit; ok well I bought those small black ones. Waiting for them to come in and see how they are.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back