Destiny
Oct 16, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #543 of 2,062
Believe me i have been religiously but to no avail :/

He sells them every 3 days at exactly the same time.  Keep an eye on Reddit, they always post as soon as they go on sale. 

Oct 16, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #544 of 2,062

He sells them every 3 days at exactly the same time.  Keep an eye on Reddit, they always post as soon as they go on sale. 

My friend I love you, you are like the knowledge guru of whatever haha. I humbly tip my hat to you sir. So hopefully today will be my day I believe this is my third day since I got the bounty. Hope you weeks going better, you wasn't really feeling it when we played last.

Oct 16, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #547 of 2,062
You picked the worst one... sadly. SGA is...not good. It needs that ammo perk because that thing kicks like a mule. Unless you're basically using it as a short range scout rifle, you're gonna be missing a LOT of times. Pocket Infinity is the best of the exotic bounties, and by the time of the nerf, its not that great itself. Bad Juju needs a huge damage boost to be worth using. Right now, it absolutely sucks.

So yeah SGA is for spraying and praying, and/or single tap use for a long span of not needing to reload.

BTW, is it just me or is anyone getting connection errors. I can only yet up to the character select screen, and then it loads forever into an error screen.

Oct 16, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #548 of 2,062
Just did a full raid with Evs, Axel, and Still. Sadly, all I got were shards, energy, and the Chatterwhite shader... someone got like 2-3 pieces of armor AND a badass gun. What.

Lots of great teamwork and I didn't even have a mic. Lol.

Lots of patience and everyone being very coolheaded. Great run. Evs and Still were great leaders for us first timers. The only previous time I did it, was spawned basically off the Atheon fight, and everyone was all over the place, lol. But I guess no one had any clue what to do.

I guess I have to wait a week to try again for rewards, right?

As awesome as Heart of Praxic Fire is, shaders don't do almost anything to it's color scheme, so Chatterwhite only shows on the helmet, arms and pants. Since HOPF is a big body armor, it's just not great for Chatterwhite.

I've joined in on a Raid two other times, but last night was the first time I finished it. Gameplay-wise the Raid is my favourite part of the game, really hope the DLCs add more! Mad, as much fun as I have running the Relic shield, maybe you can pick it up next time cuz self-rez can help counter small mistakes, plus it's just fun, but really the key is everyone taking on a role and getting used to it. And everyone last night did an amazing job of learning and cooperating. Crazy as it sounds I think you and I "had it" that one time we ended up outside the portals by ourselves with the others inside, sure we didn't win that time BUT it was memorable and you played like a boss!

Was it the cool-headedness and patience that lead to the pretty quick run (like what, just a bit over 2 hr?), or did the fact that we didn't particulary get stuck and stuck to strategies we knew would eventually work cause us to be cool-headed and patient? Whatever, they feed into eachother, and our group had great chemistry and a fair amount of good humor. I should level up my Alts so I can effectively double my weekly loot... I Gotta admit, I was a bit "ueeeh " about being the fireteam leader cuz lately I've had a few nights I couldn't get on, but we finished in one night so all was good ^___^

Firedawg,
Having a plan definitely helps, and last night for us there was a definite effort to "reset our perspectives" and encourage eachother when we had an effort turn into a whole team wipe... Yeah we lost that time, maybe we need a small tweak, but we got a lot further this time AND overall things were a lot smoother, good job guys hey AxelCloris good call saving your Sunsinger for that moment hey Zero sniping those hobgoblins really helped us stay alive. We died, but we made an effort to encourage and always felt that eventually we would beat this phase and move to the next.

Gosh, I should stream next time!

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #549 of 2,062
Once you get used to the raid routine, it can be completed at around 2 hours on normal. That's how long it took us to do it, start to finish, on our last run.

Now you guys just need to upgrade those raid weapons and armor, and try it on level 30. Good luck! :)

Edit: I strongly advise that Stillhart, being a Titan, practices with the relic on a few runs to get used to it, himself. Trust me when I say that miniatard on Venus pretty much laughs at me, every single time, when I try to take him out on level 30. Then again, I'm only level 29... but when I let our fellow level 30 Titan give it a try, it only took one slam and a punch with the relic to take that miniatard out.

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #550 of 2,062
You picked the worst one... sadly. SGA is...not good. It needs that ammo perk because that thing kicks like a mule. Unless you're basically using it as a short range scout rifle, you're gonna be missing a LOT of times. Pocket Infinity is the best of the exotic bounties, and by the time of the nerf, its not that great itself. Bad Juju needs a huge damage boost to be worth using. Right now, it absolutely sucks.

So yeah SGA is for spraying and praying, and/or single tap use for a long span of not needing to reload.

BTW, is it just me or is anyone getting connection errors. I can only yet up to the character select screen, and then it loads forever into an error screen.

PSN and Destiny server issues. It sucks, I've been wanting to play today and so far I cannot.

As for the SGA, I went with it because I don't want another fusion rifle at the moment. I love the legendary that I have and don't plan to swap it out until something better comes along. Since Bad Juju has a terrible reputation and PI was just nerfed, that pretty much left me with SGA as my choice. I was hoping for a sniper or shotgun, if I'm honest.

Once you get used to the raid routine, it can be completed at around 2 hours. That's how long it took us to do it, start to finish, on our last run.

Now you guys just need to upgrade those raid weapons and armor, and try it on level 30. Good luck! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh trust me, I'm trying to level my new Vision of Confluence. This thing is pretty damned sweet, I unlocked the auto mode before logging last night. Once I get the stability upgrade this thing is going to be a beast. It's already simple to get headshots and the next sight seems that it'll make that even easier. Woop woop! Also, I dinged 28 last night thanks to the number of energies I got. I need a whole lot more, though. :frowning2:

On an unrelated note, I hope Xur has something good for me this week. I have enough saved up for an exotic item and the engram. Comeon Cryptarch, don't give me Hunter/Titan gear.

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #551 of 2,062
So I finally got an exotic bounty. I had a choice between Pocket Infinity, Bad Juju and Super Good Advice. I went with door number 3. A machine gun that returns 4/5 missed shots? Hells yes.

Read the Grimoir card for Super Good Advice? It was built by possibly the only prior Vault of Glass survivor, who was so disturbed by the defeat and disappearance from reality of fellow fireteam member Kabr that he built a gun with an A.I. so he would never be alone again:

Super Good Advice

This weapon is full of it.

This machine gun's incredible mechanism hints at the wonders of Golden Age technology. Smart rounds report their trajectories to the weapon, and a micro-transmat protocol recalls missed shots directly to the magazine.

Engineers decry the idea that all smart systems spontaneously develop personalities and awareness...but it seems undeniable that Super Good Advice manifests personality, memory, and a certain sass. The truth may lie in the weapon's connection to the legendary Hunter Pahanin, who witnessed the fall of Kabr and became terrified of traveling alone.

Vault of Glass

His name was Kabr. He wasn't my friend but I knew and respected him as a Guardian and a good man.

He fought the Vex alone. This destroyed him. In the time before he vanished he said things that I think should be remembered. These are some of them:

"In the Vault time frays and a needle moves through it. The needle is the will of Atheon. I do not know the name of the shape that comes after the needle.
No one can open the Vault alone. I opened the Vault. There was no one with me but I was not alone.
You will meet the Templar in a place that is a time before or after stars. The stars will move around you and mark you and sing to you. They will decide if you are real.
I drank of them. It tasted like the sea."

That is all I can remember.

Pahanin

The stars/oracles don't "kill" you, they use reality maths to rewrite time so that you never existed.

Side note, not SGA related but Vault of Glass related, the Grimoir for the relic, which was actually built from the shell of a destroyed Gorgon (which also re-write reality like the Oracles):
Relic: The Aegis

These are the last words of Kabr, the Legionless:

I have destroyed myself to do this. They have taken my Ghost. They are in my blood and brain. But now there is hope.
I have made a wound in the Vault. I have pierced it and let in the Light. Bathe in it, and be cleansed. Look to it, and understand:
From my own Light and from the thinking flesh of the Vex I made a shield. The shield is your deliverance. It will break the unbreakable. It will change your fate.
Bind yourself to the shield. Bind yourself to me. And if you abandon your purpose, let the Vault consume you, as it consumed me.

Now it is done. If I speak again, I am not Kabr.

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #552 of 2,062
I think PSN is down because of the big 2.00 update that's coming. My guess is they wanted it out before the weekend, hence the server issues at this moment.

Nice, Axel! I think Zombie has that VOC, if I'm not mistaken. Pretty sweet, indeed! As for the SGA, it's actually not as bad as I first thought. I've been using it, extensively, as of late. While it's recoil is bad when compared to my Zombie Apocalypse, it actually handles big enemey crowds much better because of the extra ammo in the clip. When I'm surrounded, the weapon recoil isn't actually a bad thing :wink:

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #553 of 2,062
I propose a simple solution for Destiny to keep exotics special; ban them from PvP. A few lines of code can make sure nobody in party is wearing exotic gear or weapons before queueing, another few lines can prevent people from swapping to them once in the match. Then exotics can be a bit OP because lets face it, they should be. Unless you buy them from Xur, you either have to work hard or get damned lucky. They should feel special because they are unique. Let the exotics shine in PvE and balance legendary and below in PvP.

Oct 16, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #554 of 2,062
I think PSN is down because of the big 2.00 update that's coming. My guess is they wanted it out before the weekend, hence the server issues at this moment.

Is it an update to Destiny, PS4, or PSN?

Oct 16, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #555 of 2,062
Is it an update to Destiny, PS4, or PSN?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/16/ps4-system-software-preview-usb-music-player-new-home-screen-colors-more/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back