Destiny
Oct 8, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #466 of 2,062
  I have that bounty.  I have to get 200 fusion rifle kills in the Nightfall strike.  Ugh.  That's going to be SO tedious.  But there's a lot of talk about this gun so I should probably do it.

Also, I beat the raid last night with another group of friends.  I got the same shotgun I already had two more times.  I also got the same Titan Mark that I already had.  So... bummer there.  

But then we beat the boss and I got Atheon's Epilogue.  It's one of only two primary weapons with elemental damage (the other one is dropped by Atheon in hard mode).  Pretty psyched about that; it's pretty much best-case scenario.

EDIT - Beat it without cheezing it, BTW.

I have beaten the raid a solid 5 times now and still haven't gotten the Epilogue. Fortunately I did get some raid arms on one of the runs. If I get chatter white one more freaking time though...

Oct 8, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #467 of 2,062

Well we raided from about 9pm to 1am my time last night, so that would have been 4am your time! 

Regardless, there's no rush.  Just whenever you're ready and have time, I'll be happy to help even if I've already done it that week.

While tempting, I'm going to get some sleep tonight. It doesn't help that I woke up around 6:30 to see the eclipse and check in for my flight so I'm running on about 5 hours of sleep at the moment. And I don't want to skip my precious 3 tonight. I'm definitely down for next week, though.

Oct 8, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #469 of 2,062
  I have done 8 runs now on the raid, one on hard, and still need the chest piece.... and the vex mythoclast of course :D

How was hard mode? I have about a million shards just sitting there but can't bring myself to upgrade my non raid gear. Still wondering if it is worth it to upgrade to a 29 yet or just keep running it on my 2 characters on normal in hopes I get more raid gear. Everyone keeps saying that as a 29 you have to be carried through the raid, similar to being a level 26 on normal mode. 

Oct 8, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #470 of 2,062
Hard mode is hard lol. It's pretty tough and I'd say you need one level 30. I would recommend getting to at least level 29 as Atheon is pretty easy on it and if nothing else, and you can do that part of it. 

Oct 8, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #471 of 2,062
I wanna do a raid from beginning to end. But since im a 'noob' who doesnt have any idea how to run one, except one section, not sure many will do it with me. That and I dont havhe consistent free time to do it. I could only play in chunks. Destiny came out two months too late, in my case.

Not having Queen's bounties has helped wean me off this game a bit, since I can do Vanguard bounties fairly quickly, and I'm not in a rush to do Iron Banner since, it's only a few days, then its gone again. No chance to get it to level 3 without really wanting to pull my hair out from so much Crucible.

So yeah, I wont be playing much from this point on.

im sure most of you will have all your Raid gear by the time im able to play a lot.

Least I was able to get my Warlock to 29 with zero raid gear.

Oct 8, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #472 of 2,062
I wanna do a raid from beginning to end. But since im a 'noob' who doesnt have any idea how to run one, except one section, not sure many will do it with me. That and I dont havhe consistent free time to do it. I could only play in chunks. Destiny came out two months too late, in my case.

Not having Queen's bounties has helped wean me off this game a bit, since I can do Vanguard bounties fairly quickly, and I'm not in a rush to do Iron Banner since, it's only a few days, then its gone again. No chance to get it to level 3 without really wanting to pull my hair out from so much Crucible.

So yeah, I wont be playing much from this point on.

im sure most of you will have all your Raid gear by the time im able to play a lot.

Least I was able to get my Warlock to 29 with zero raid gear.

TBH, it's not hard to do in small chunks.  There are raid locks after every phase and you have a week before they reset.  You could spend 10 mins doing the front door and get your first raid chest no problem.  

If you are the party leader, the locks will follow you.  That way, you could invite your friends to help when they're on and it will always start where you left off.  Even if your friends have already gone through.

They've done a really good job of making the raid approachable, IMO.  Considering I beat it last night in 4 hours, a week of an hour here and there should be plenty of time.

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #473 of 2,062
There are tricks to each part that you'll learn that make it fairly easy. Me, a couple friends and three randoms, lvl 29 and 28, beat the whole thing on normal in less than an hour the other night. I think the record is around 30 minutes for an entire run through, which is insane. On hard though I haven't been able to beat it straight through and have had to do it in chunks. 

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #474 of 2,062
Right now, I'm having a really bad Wifi problem, getting about 300kb/s down, and around the same up (yes, that bad). This temporary living situation is killer on my free time.

I can't even go through a full Vanguard Strike before it boots me with an error.

Guess it's time to focus on Diablo 3.

Oct 8, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #475 of 2,062
Right now, I'm having a really bad Wifi problem, getting about 300kb/s down, and around the same up (yes, that bad). This temporary living situation is killer on my free time.

I can't even go through a full Vanguard Strike before it boots me with an error.

Guess it's time to focus on Diablo 3.

Yea those connections will kill the game for you. I have 50 Mbps with comcast and I still sometimes need to buffer when on my bike going through zones. Hopefully the living situation improves soon!

Oct 9, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #476 of 2,062
Some randoms invited me to do the Nightfall. Got a Hard Light... my second one. Looks like exotics always have the same upgrades. Dismantled for some Energy. The other guys got 10 strange Coins, and a warlock's legendary mask... if not Exotc, which was unlike one I've seen.

Oct 9, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #477 of 2,062
Some randoms invited me to do the Nightfall. Got a Hard Light... my second one. Looks like exotics always have the same upgrades. Dismantled for some Energy. The other guys got 10 strange Coins, and a warlock's legendary mask... if not Exotc, which was unlike one I've seen.

We tried the Nightfall yesterday and couldn't beat it.  Gave up after a couple hours.  That last fight is absolutely brutal and hiding under the platform doesn't help when he just goes and stands on top while shanks pepper you from afar.  :-/

Oct 9, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #478 of 2,062
Any European/ UK folks need anymore friends on XB1? eskimo4130 - my GT

I'm lvl 26 but have been saving my shards for when i really need to upgrade. Only done the raid once. So that time could be now!?

Oct 9, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #479 of 2,062
We tried the Nightfall yesterday and couldn't beat it.  Gave up after a couple hours.  That last fight is absolutely brutal and hiding under the platform doesn't help when he just goes and stands on top while shanks pepper you from afar.  :-/

we stayed right at the beginning where you sort of jump off a cliff to hit that first group of Vex with the Minotaur. It's somewhat separate from the rest of the battlefield, and only a few enemies venture that far. The priest sticks next to the corridor, and there is a SLIGHT opening in the rocks where you can see the top of his head, and he's shooting at you but can't hit you. You can fire away freely, though the danger lies in the mobs. Some shanks, some stealth vandals and some captains may venture to that area, so just jump back away from the battlefield and take them out. You may have to leave that safety to aggro the Priest back to that good spot.

It was very tough. Both me and one other had to self ressurect twice.

I wanna do it with my hunter, but....maaaaan it's not easy.

Oct 9, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #480 of 2,062
I'd be down to try again, knowing there's a strategy I haven't tried yet.  Might hit you up later if I see you on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back