Destiny
Oct 5, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #422 of 2,062
So, we finished the Raid and...

I only got Ascendant energy and a damn shader
frown.gif

Tough crowd!  What about that feeling of "holy ****, we did it!"?

Oct 5, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #423 of 2,062
Yeah, there was that. But... no Raid armor, whatsoever, throughout the whole entire thing was a huge disappointment.

Well, there were all those ascendant shards and energy that did help me fully upgrade all my armor to reach Lvl 29, along with the Icebreaker and Zombie Apocalypse to reach 300 damage. So, I guess and can feel slightly good about it... :wink:

Oct 5, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #425 of 2,062
Beat Atheon on Hard last night. Have to have at least one level 30 though because at 29 I could not handle the relic and survive. All I got was shards and an exotic spaceship lol.

Exactly why I'm pissed I didn't get any raid armor. That's the only way to reach level 30 and have a fair chance to doing the raid on hard difficulty.

Oct 5, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #426 of 2,062
You want the best positional audio for consoles get a Astro Mixamp Pro and a good open back headphone such as Sennheiser  hd 558 or 598. If you want a built in Mic get the Sennheiser g4me one.. I have the Mixamp and G4me One and I can pinpoint everything in destiny although the sound engine isnt the best for positional accuracy.

I have a mix amp and a dss, just sold my hd558s they are great for positioning... But they just weren't fun enough for me. Currently have a pair of a700s with a labtec mic and a pair of dt990s.

Oct 5, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #428 of 2,062
I was pretty excited to get the Midas Multitool two nights ago in a loot chest mid-raid, and I thought the new challenges and use of space in the Raid rooms were quite interesting. Felt like a different game since only one part felt like "horde mode." So, I wasn't there for beating the raid (tho I had finished fully leveling up my Hard Light and a few armor pieces in prep for it, my primary does more DPS than my heavy now lol), but the "throughout" gameplay may have been the most fun I've had in this game. I'd like to again do it again, seems a good way to get great gear.

Oct 5, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #429 of 2,062
Exactly why I'm pissed I didn't get any raid armor. That's the only way to reach level 30 and have a fair chance to doing the raid on hard difficulty.

It's unrealistic to expect to beat it once and be ready for hard mode.  Most people who play it don't get raid armor.  I certainly didn't, though I noticed 3-4 pieces dropping every time we passed a new stage.

Oct 5, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #430 of 2,062
It's unrealistic to expect to beat it once and be ready for hard mode.  Most people who play it don't get raid armor.  I certainly didn't, though I noticed 3-4 pieces dropping every time we passed a new stage.

I never said that beating it one time would have me ready for Hard mode. One fukn' piece of armor could have helped get partially there, at least.

You didn't get any armor, but have yet to beat it. If you do the complete final stage (not the checkpoint we started on the other night), you have two random drops left. I'm sure once you do beat it, you'll feel the same disappointment if you have the same outcome as me.

Edit: I'm not worried, though. The raid fireteam we put together beat Atheon rather quickly once we found a rhythm. Everyone played their part quite well, and we ran through it within 3-4 cycles. I'm sure we'll be getting together every week until we get to Lvl 30.

Oct 6, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #432 of 2,062
Oct 6, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #434 of 2,062
Just stick with the thread someone will join in who's got an Xbox and either way you learn some cool things.

But on another note just finished my invictive (spelling) shotgun bounty (first of three exotic bounties done) and I could have sworn I heard someone say it was a primary shotgun :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back