Destiny
Oct 4, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #406 of 2,062
Guys, a good enough fusion rifle will destroy the oracles inside the teleport with one shot.

I actually think Zombie and Ev should trade places, since Ev works so well with Stillhart. Let Zombie enter the teleports with Ck101 and I, because we could use a titan when having to deal with the miniatard in the jungle side.

Just a thought...

Oct 4, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #408 of 2,062
Is it me or is the sound positioning in destiny a little goofy?

I've had destiny for a since launch but just a few days ago I got hooked on it. Pretty fun stuff. If anyone wants to add me on ps4 my gamer Id is lenroot77. The raids are a blast!

What setup are you using to listen to Destiny's audio? I'm using Sony's Wireless Gold headset and the positioning is fantastic. (I still use hi-fi stuff, I swear! >_>)

Im usinh dolby headphone...ive never had issues with it before. But with destiny I have the hardest time pinpointing sounds.

Ive been tempted to check out the gold headset, its cheap and simple.

Oct 4, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #409 of 2,062
Im usinh dolby headphone...ive never had issues with it before. But with destiny I have the hardest time pinpointing sounds.

It's also SUPER uncomfortable.  It's convenient and the surround works.  For the price, especially on sale, you're not going to get much better.  But yeah, I wouldn't recommend it if you game for more than 2-3 hours at a time.

Oct 4, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #410 of 2,062

You want the best positional audio for consoles get a Astro Mixamp Pro and a good open back headphone such as Sennheiser  hd 558 or 598. If you want a built in Mic get the Sennheiser g4me one.. I have the Mixamp and G4me One and I can pinpoint everything in destiny although the sound engine isnt the best for positional accuracy.

Oct 4, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #411 of 2,062
I have to charge the headset as frequently as I do my controller. This makes me leave the PS4 in standby every four days after adapting.

Oh yeah! It does have a customizable EQ through the headset app you can get from the PSN store and it has a very good mic.

Granted...my Astro Mixamp 2011 with my AKG K712 Pro was fantastic. However, all inbound voice audio from friends was very, very soft. Apparently this is a bug that is only solved with a firmware upgrade available to newer versions of the Mixamp.

It should be noted that a newer Astro will work with both the PS4 and the Xbox One.

Oct 4, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #412 of 2,062
I have to charge the headset as frequently as I do my controller. This makes me leave the PS4 in standby every four days after adapting.

Oh yeah! It does have a customizable EQ through the headset app you can get from the PSN store and it has a very good mic.

Granted...my Astro Mixamp 2011 with my AKG K712 Pro was fantastic. However, all inbound voice audio from friends was very, very soft. Apparently this is a bug that is only solved with a firmware upgrade available to newer versions of the Mixamp.

It should be noted that a newer Astro will work with both the PS4 and the Xbox One.

I found the EQ to be nothing more than a gimmick.  And my friends all commented about how much worse the mic on the PS Gold headset sounded over my cheap $5 mic from Aamzon.

Oct 4, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #414 of 2,062
Even on the new mixamp the incoming chat audio is still lower then id like.. pisses me off because astro customer support is horrible!!!

I have to have mine set to about 75% chat/25% game to get reasonable chat levels. But then the volume doesn't need to go much past 12 o'clock. It's not an issue in actual use for me.

Oct 4, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #419 of 2,062
It must be down to the headphone. I'm not using an A40 either. I don't care for them at all. I'm using it with an HP200 and BoomPro cable.

+1

Oct 4, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #420 of 2,062
My volume is almost maxed out, with the voice/game, heavily leqning towards voice. If your headphone is even remotely not super easy to drive, then yes, Mixamp alone won't cut it at all. Attach an external amp.

I game with the Monster DNA Pro which isn't super hard to drive, but the game audio is on the quiet aide when I'm pushing the voice chat so much, just to hear my friends. Doesn't bother me, since it's hard to hear people when the game audio is even remotely close to chat audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back