Destiny
Sep 25, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #316 of 2,062
^But the Queen's armor is oh so unique, I thought? LoL

tongue.gif

Yeah, the first time I got it.  

Now that I have three helmets and two chests (it doesn't drop legs or arms), there's not much point in continuing to grind out those missions.  I'll still do the bounties for XP, probably, but that's about it.

Sep 25, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #317 of 2,062
Thanks for the responses.
My 23 Titan might be able to buy some extra handcannons for my 22 Hunter/Warlock alts.

Sep 25, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #318 of 2,062
Glad you commented on the bs patch they pushed through, like seriously? There really is no reason for grinding through the same missions for the same gear sure the ship is nice but seriously....thanks bungie.

Sep 25, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #319 of 2,062
One of the updates is reducing treasure rates after dying (hard wipe). That means Nexus, moon mission door exploits are dead. Problem here is, what about the hard missions people are doing legitimately? Bungie goofed. It's already incredibly hard to get stuff from drops because of the retard cryptarch guy who is an a-hole and gives you worse stuff than the engram is supposed to have.

So you're telling us that if we die on a mission, we may as well back out, since we're gonna get crap chances at drops. Great move, Bungie. I'm pretty much done with the game. They should have seen what areas were being exploited, and addressed them individually. Instead, they chose to overhaul pretty much every area. The game is gonna be even more barren of enemies. Good job.

I'm actually quite peeved at the Queen stuff. So it's the ONLY legendary gear that won't drop shards? Wow. Apparently, you only get TWO different types of queen gear a day. This is why some people have been getting the same crap after every mission. Even exploiting this, you would still need a bajillion queen gear to dismantle to upgrade all your armors. It's still a hell of a grind. Now it's worse. Forget this game. Im pretty much going back to Diablo 3. They should realize how hard some of these queen missions can be, and you can't even play with randoms unless you invite.

They're just forcing us to slog through an even worse grind at every turn.

What they NEED to address is having an option in orbit to search for open parties that are doing current missions, and being able to team up. That way we have a chance at makijg friends. Not freaking having to manually interact with every person, seeing what they're doing (and not even the difficulty level theyre doing it at), and having to invite them. Also, changing the party to public defaults back to private every time you start the game.

These are issues that just should not exist.

Some of us aren't prone to playing games with others, but when we do, they make it an effing hassle to make new friends.

Sep 25, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #320 of 2,062
Just wanted to point out that they clarified the patch notes on the loot nerf after a hard wipe.  They're now stating that it's a temporary short-term effect.  I imagine something like 30s to match the spawn rates of treasure caves now (tho I'd have to test to see).

Also, someone posted a really interesting breakdown of how many shards you could earn from the Queen's event if you did every bounty (and used some exploit to redo some).  Basically it was like 375-400 shards in two weeks, which is clearly broken.

Now, I'm upset they nerfed it too, but there's got to be a happy medium between 400 and 0.  Maybe make it so you have to do 5 bounties to get one mission reward or something like that.  I dunno.  Not the best move, seemed very reactive.  

But it's a new game, they're still getting the hang of this balancing act.  I suspect they'll get it nailed down soon enough.  I'm just glad they're actually trying!

EDIT - Math:  http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2hh3kw/why_the_queens_wrath_was_terribly_broken_and/

Sep 25, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #321 of 2,062
Though very fun when playing with friends, this was a half ass released game. Extended grind for limited customization, limited planet areas to explore, schitty story, extremely repetitive, only a handful of maps on PvP. Seems to me as the game won't feel like a complete game until the expansions come out.

Drive Club, Dragon Age, and GTA V will basically make this game a recent memory in a few months.

Meh...

Edit: With that being said, I'm hopping on Destiny right now... LoL :p

Sep 25, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #322 of 2,062
Though very fun when playing with friends, this was a half ass released game. Extended grind for limited customization, limited planet areas to explore, schitty story, extremely repetitive, only a handful of maps on PvP. Seems to me as the game won't feel like a complete game until the expansions come out.

Drive Club, Dragon Age, and GTA V will basically make this game a recent memory in a few months.

Meh...

Edit: With that being said, I'm hopping on Destiny right now... LoL
tongue.gif

For someone who's gotten nearly 60 hours out of this $60 game, you sure complain about it a lot!  
tongue.gif

I'm just giving you ****, but I do think it's important to keep things in perspective.  To me, getting that much enjoyment out of a game is rare.  I loved Tomb Raider, but it was like 20 hours and done.  I have 250 games in my Steam library; of those, I've got exactly SEVEN that are over 60 hours played (and two of those are basically the same game, X3:R and X3:TC).

This game kept us completely enthralled for weeks.  If I decide to wander off and play a little Shadows of Mordor or Defense Grid 2 next week, I am not going to feel like somehow Destiny failed.  It's, quite frankly, some of the best money I've ever spent on a game.  

Sep 25, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #323 of 2,062
If you're putting yourself through grinding that many missions, you deserve those shards. I found that exploit for myself, and even so I didn't grind the queen missions. I like to break the monotony by doing various things. Except Crucible. Crucible for me is last resort. But now, I'm effectively playing the game for the daily, weekly, and bounties, then stopping. Once I do those, I stop playing.

the one thing that irks me is that faction gear requires crucible points. If you can get faction rep everywhere else, they shouldve made marks to buy the faction gear either universal,or give them their own marks to grind. Faction marks. That way I can still earn them through strikes. Crucibke grinding just for marks when I will have faction rep by other means... bad game design.

Sep 25, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #324 of 2,062
If you're putting yourself through grinding that many missions, you deserve those shards. I found that exploit for myself, and even so I didn't grind the queen missions. I like to break the monotony by doing various things. Except Crucible. Crucible for me is last resort. But now, I'm effectively playing the game for the daily, weekly, and bounties, then stopping. Once I do those, I stop playing.

the one thing that irks me is that faction gear requires crucible points. If you can get faction rep everywhere else, they shouldve made marks to buy the faction gear either universal,or give them their own marks to grind. Faction marks. That way I can still earn them through strikes. Crucibke grinding just for marks when I will have faction rep by other means... bad game design.

On the plus side, you're pretty much past the point where you actually need that rep for anything other than buying items to tear down.  And if you're not buying items to tear down, there's a 200 mark cap (per type) in your inventory so there's no reason to grind further than that.

It's funny, I'm also getting to the point where I'll be just logging on to do some dailies/weeklies, and then doing other things.  But I'm not like... upset or disappointed about it.  I get that they want you to grind to get to 30 and I don't feel like grinding so I play until I'm bored and then I'm going to do something else.  I don't take it personally.  

Back to happy thoughts, when are we going to take a crack at the Vault of Glass?

Sep 25, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #325 of 2,062
That requires a large amount of time, and I only have that much free, uninterrupted time on sunday and monday. Otherwise, I have an hour here or there, and then frequent interruptions that would definitely spell disaster in the Vault.

Im down for it though.

Nightfall strikes too. I almost beat the Nexus one this week...alone, while grinding for Fusion rifle kills for the last of the requirements for the Exotic fusion rifle. Then I got mobbed by one shotting minotaurs. :frowning2:

if you die during the nightfall strike, they force you back into orbit. You can tell how stressed I was just getting to the boss. Shanks had solar burn, and were eating up my special/heavy ammo, since primaries did nothing.

I definitely don't recommend trying it alone. Getting the fusion rifle kills was exhausting enough. I only had a crappy one.

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #326 of 2,062
Hopefully the raid locks will make it doable in small chunks.  The world record speedrun is 31 minutes last I checked, so in theory we shouldn't need a lot of time per lock once we figure out what we're doing.

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #327 of 2,062
Stillhart I'll be on around 11-12 tonight I'm absolutely up for it. Been trying to put enough people together to get a crack at it I think we can do it.

Sep 25, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #328 of 2,062
Since I've essentially capped my Warlock at 28, and because there is no longer a reason to do Queen Missions (I just needed shards), I'll be focusing on my Hunter for now, since she still needs to max out her skills, and I haven't even touched her Gunslinger class outside of the first level. She still needs Legendary/Exotic gauntlets.

Other than that, all I need now is stupid Ascendant materials to boost my level to 29-30, but since that will now take an eternity, I don't see myself playing much longer, to be completely honest. I'm burned out on this game, and they just made it that much harder to enjoy.

I really like ths way my Hunter looks right now. The Thunderdevil shader makes her look like a cyberninja.

Sep 26, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #329 of 2,062
Since I've essentially capped my Warlock at 28, and because there is no longer a reason to do Queen Missions (I just needed shards), I'll be focusing on my Hunter for now, since she still needs to max out her skills, and I haven't even touched her Gunslinger class outside of the first level. She still needs Legendary/Exotic gauntlets.

Other than that, all I need now is stupid Ascendant materials to boost my level to 29-30, but since that will now take an eternity, I don't see myself playing much longer, to be completely honest. I'm burned out on this game, and they just made it that much harder to enjoy.

I really like ths way my Hunter looks right now. The Thunderdevil shader makes her look like a cyberninja.

You have 100 hours between your two characters.  I can see why you're burnt out!  

It's cool, I feel similarly.  I think conquering the VoG will be it for me in this game.  I'll continue to play on and off, but not as religiously as I've been.  You're right, I feel soft-capped at 27 right now and I don't really have any desire to grind out those shards.

Shadows of Mordor is getting some RAVE reviews (Polygon gave it a 9.5!).  That comes out on Tuesday, which is good timing for a 20h break from Destiny I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back