Destiny
Sep 24, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #287 of 2,062

Yay. Hopefully I can get a day to play next week. And also hopefully some of you fine folks are off that day as well so we can join a fireteam.

Yup.  I'm not gonna lie, those L24 Queen's Wrath missions aren't a walk in the park.  You will get one-shotted a lot due to the damage burn modifiers.  Having someone else with you means you won't have to restart every time that happens.

Sep 24, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #288 of 2,062

Yup.  I'm not gonna lie, those L24 Queen's Wrath missions aren't a walk in the park.  You will get one-shotted a lot due to the damage burn modifiers.  Having someone else with you means you won't have to restart every time that happens.

24? Yeah, I'll die a lot considering I'm only 22.

Sep 24, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #289 of 2,062
Ah 2 weeks i was thinking it was 2 days that makes more sense finally got all legendary and an exotic bounty but i believe the queen missions inky drop either a helm or chest piece ive played 7 missions now and have onky gotten and seen those payouts and way back when the kill spread is for every kill you get 5 points and for every death you lose 2 so go positive a bunch.

Sep 24, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #290 of 2,062

24? Yeah, I'll die a lot considering I'm only 22.

One or two runs and you'll be 24 easily, if not 25 or 26.  These things have 18 light base.  Just got to make it through once...

Sep 24, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #291 of 2,062
So it turns out you have to have Raid legendaries to reach level 30. I didn't know this and discarded my raid loot for shards and now have to get the legendary gear over and start over with shard farming ... damn

Sep 24, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #292 of 2,062
I actually dismantled my queen mission rewards for ascendant shards. I had just bought a Vanguard helmet and Dead Orbit chest armor prior to the update, and were already being somewhat upgrade. It would have been redundant to start over, or even keep, as well.

So, I am just using the Queen bounties and missions for ascendant shards. Dismantled three rewards, and am now at Level 27.

I still need some legendary boots, though. Just need about 30 more crucible marks and I'll be good.

Sep 24, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #293 of 2,062
I think the Queen's Wrath set stuff looks pretty good.  I might end up keeping those and destroying my other ones eventually.  Too bad I sunk so many shards into my current set already... makes it a hard decision...

Sep 24, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #294 of 2,062
For me, at least, I didn't like the Queen helmet as much as the Vanguard I have. The chest armor is actually the same as my Dead Orbit, just a different color with the Queen design. Wasn't enough to win me over.

As I mentioned, I think this was just a way for Bungie to cater to those who haven't had much luck nor marks to go Legendary.

Sep 24, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #295 of 2,062
For me, at least, I didn't like the Queen helmet as much as the Vanguard I have. The chest armor is actually the same as my Dead Orbit, just a different color with the Queen design. Wasn't enough to win me over.

As I mentioned, I think this was just a way for Bungie to cater to those who haven't had much luck nor marks to go Legendary.

Yay, cater to me!

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #296 of 2,062

I think people are taking advantage of it like that, but I don't think that's the intention.  We're going to see lots of events like this over time.  The next time it happens, nobody is going to need the legendaries.  They do it because these limited time events drop unique gear that you can't get once the event is over.  In 6 months people are going to go "whoa!  where did you get that awesome XXX?" and you'll know that you have something they'll never have.  

This will be especially important soon enough when everyone in the game is wearing the same raid gear because that's the only way to hit L30.  The people with the alternative gear will really stand out.

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #297 of 2,062
The Queen's gear isn't all that unique. Just a different skin with the symbol, so... credit Bungie for having such a limited variety of armor to begin with... and expanding it as such...

Meh...

Sep 24, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #298 of 2,062
The Queen's gear isn't all that unique. Just a different skin with the symbol, so... credit Bungie for having such a limited variety of armor to begin with... and expanding it as such...

Meh...

I have the helmet and I haven't seen one that looks like that yet.  Maybe it's different for the other classes...

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #299 of 2,062
I'm pretty sure it's design is comparable to a similar titan legendary helmet that you just haven't seen yet. If you mean the color scheme and symbolism is different, then yeah. I don't consider that unique, as you claim, though, for people to be like "where did you get that?"all enthusiastically and such.

Meh...

Sep 24, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #300 of 2,062
The Queen's stuff is a reskin of other legendaries.

btw, just did a Queen mission alone... and got the same body armor I got the first time. So pissed... it was a brutal trek. My Hunter isn't exactly outfitted with the best weapons, so just dealing with shielded Shanks was brutal. The boss on the ship died quickly with my Machine Gun though. Like, 5 seconds...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back