Destiny
Sep 22, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #241 of 2,062
Haha i cant get an exotic biunty to save my life though i did however finally get my first legendary armor. Woot woot. Oh my bad bout jumping so quickly stillhart n evshrug some uh duty called :wink:

Sep 22, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #242 of 2,062
Yeah, my Vanguard level is at 4, and I did get a free Legendary... boots which were the same ones I already had. FUUUUUUU

Sep 22, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #243 of 2,062
Yeah, my Vanguard level is at 4, and I did get a free Legendary... boots which were the same ones I already had. FUUUUUUU

FUUUUUUree shards?  Or do legendaries not turn into shards?  I haven't disassembled one yet.

Sep 22, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #244 of 2,062
Yeah, they turn to Ascendant shards. I THINK legendary weapons turn to Ascendant Energy.

Btw, Nights needs Ascendant Motes, I haven't even seen those yet, lol.

Sep 22, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #245 of 2,062
I bought two exotics from Xur for the shards, got 6 total from three pieces of armor. I had the exotic helm and got the chest guard for my hunter, but alas, only can't equip it. Finally hit lvl 28 though and dreading the grind to 29. I've seen people get 12 shards from the weekly nightfall. I have yet to fully complete the raid though. I'm going to try and do it tonight after work before everything resets. 

Sep 22, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #246 of 2,062
Yeah, they turn to Ascendant shards. I THINK legendary weapons turn to Ascendant Energy.

Btw, Nights needs Ascendant Motes, I haven't even seen those yet, lol.

Ascendant Motes is a bug; they're not in game.  It's only on the FWC Hunter gear.  Bungie just tweeted that they're working on a fix.

In other news, final boss of the raid sometimes drops primary guns with elemental damage!

Sep 22, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #247 of 2,062
All you jerks who have time to play games. *old man grumbling*

*grumbles something about "all those digits" *

I guess another way to look at it is there will probably be someone to play with whenever you do have time to play. I Only played a little over the weekend, tonight I'll probably have time to sit a little longer.

Sep 22, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #248 of 2,062
I wanna do raids, but after that humbling experience doing the Level 26 Moon strike... I don't think we're ready...

MUCH SHIELDS, SUCH POWER, MANY OHKO, WAUW

Sep 22, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #250 of 2,062
I wanna do raids, but after that humbling experience doing the Level 26 Moon strike... I don't think we're ready...

MUCH SHIELDS, SUCH POWER, MANY OHKO, WAUW

You mean the one you did with me and Still? We died a few times, but didn't take too long for us to overcome, and I realized later that I had my subclass set for max agility for screwing around jumping in the Tower.

Sep 22, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #251 of 2,062
No, I did it with him and my friend. It was a completely different experience. Practically everything had shields. Oh, it was the newest weekly strike, I think. It was different from the one we did. Basically eveything one or two shots you and the shields made it hard since we had to swap our gear, losing ammo in the process. We honestly couldn't do it. You basically need full ammo items, and everyone needs specialized weapons for shield busting.

Sep 22, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #252 of 2,062
No, I did it with him and my friend. It was a completely different experience. Practically everything had shields. Oh, it was the newest weekly strike, I think. It was different from the one we did. Basically eveything one or two shots you and the shields made it hard since we had to swap our gear, losing ammo in the process. We honestly couldn't do it. You basically need full ammo items, and everyone needs specialized weapons for shield busting.

The one we did was the special mission that you can only do when trying for the last stage of the Thorn bounty.  It's intentionally super hard and you're not even supposed to be able to finish it, just make it to the last wave of adds and then somehow burn down the named Wizard for the bounty.  We got to the final wave once, but couldn't take him down.  It was absolutely brutal.  

That said, I think we should be able to take out the first few levels of the raid.  We may not be able to kill the final boss, but I think we can get there.  And honestly, that final boss fight didn't look nearly as brutal.  It just requires perfect execution, which can be done with enough practice.

Sep 22, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #253 of 2,062
Ah, I forgot it was for Night's Exotic bounty.

Yeah man... I don't wanna do that again....EVER. Just the room while waiting for the 3 waves was a nightmare.

Sep 22, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #254 of 2,062
Gimme another day of farming etc... and I should be able to run with you guys for the weekly raid I'm doing the lvl 24 pretty easily now but im almost there but as ev showed me I've really gotta grind the crucible to buy the legendary armor which should bring me to high 25

Sep 22, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #255 of 2,062
BTW, best way to farm ascendant mats is to use this site and farm public events:  http://destinypublicevents.com/

Best way to farm rep is to get three people together and go do an Earth patrol.  Have one person in each of the major zones and work together to complete all the patrol missions as quickly as possible.

Also, this bit of lore was amazing:  http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2h38xd/can_we_just_take_a_second_to_appreciate_this/

(Read it in Mal's voice, since it's Nathan Fillion's character talking.) I'm not sure why they can't get that level of awesome into the story proper...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back