Desktop DAC/AMP with usb and digital input?
Jan 11, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by SenjStevo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there such a thing? For say £200($400)? What are the options for a DAC/AMP (with just digital input) in this price range?

Thanks

SenjStevo

The iBasso D1 meets your requirements. Cost is less than $300 USD. It can accept coax, usb and optical inputs as well as auxiliary input. It can also act as a standalone DAC. Customer service is outstanding.

Jan 11, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #3 of 8
iBasso D1 x 2

Add another $25 you get RSA Predator (limited)

Jan 11, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #4 of 8
Predator has digital out?
What's the next iBasso version that's coming out?

Jan 11, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #5 of 8
iBasso D2 DAC/amp should be coming out later this month,
but I think it only has USB and no coaxial/optical digital in.

Jan 11, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #6 of 8
Headroom Micro amp has optical/coax/usb in, as well as a variable level line out.
Oh yeah, it costs more
frown.gif

Jan 11, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #8 of 8
Ok so the D1 does seem like a great option, and would probably just go out and buy it if i wasn't torn between getting a better Desktop amp and a separt DAC. I'm gonna buy a cheap transport with a digital out to go with them.

I'm thinking a Original Master would be a good choice if i can get hold of one. But i would consider paying anywhere from $200-$400 on a Amp as it will be better in the long term, a investment so to speak.

I've no idea what DAC to get. Something costing under $200 i guess. If thinking of these purely because of their features:

Dac Super Pro USB
EMU 0404 usb(seems like a really good option)
Diyeden SAVAC04-U(Dunno much about this)

These are the only usb/digital input DAC under $200(£100) i could find.

So to conclude, my question is would a Original Master+EMU 0404 sound better then a D1? And does anyone have any better options for a DAC with a usb+digitalout or the Original Master? I'm using Senn 595s but will probably buy some Grados in the future if that helps.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back