Designing and 3d printing DT770 headband/yoke replacement
Jul 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

LorenIPSVM

New Head-Fier
As a hobby I have started 3d printing and swapping out some parts of some old DT770s including cans and headband/ yoke.

The cans have been working out pretty well,
I am printing the headband now to try it out (it is designed to fit my head)

Long time reader here but first time posting some of my handiwork hehe

here is a link to download my headband file if anyone wants to play around with it:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:122971

Aug 1, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
thanks!  3d printing has been fun to ideate with.  Here is a 3d printed headband with it in blue:

Looks nice. Not really a fan of overly bright headphones, but it stands out very well. With advancements in 3d printing, it would be exciting if they made a 3d metal printer for home use in the next 5-10 years. You could make some crazy looking headphones and give the companies a run for their money ^_^)b

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #5 of 6
I really need to get my hands on a printer of my own, I love this application especially.  The cups alone with the beyer headband look pretty awesome.  What do the insides look like?  Any special damping features?

Sep 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #6 of 6
That is incredibly cool looking. 
Any thoughts on using the 3D printing technique to make a cup that breaks up standing waves? 

At the risk of being a negative nancy, is the printed headband strong enough? Even injection-molded headbands have chronic issues. It does look beautiful though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back