Describe your hate to the white little headphones
May 2, 2011 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Rasmutte

100+ Head-Fier
Yeah, you know what phone I mean.

http://www.elegatrade.com/uploadfile/products_image/products_image/85/20100317-100307-dbPS2Z.jpg

I hate them because their bad sound kills good music and I can't understand why people use them.

May 2, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #3 of 35
To be fair, the newer ones are based on the old Sennheiser MX500, but - yes, the older ones... ugh!!

May 2, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #7 of 35
I think iBuds get unfairly bashed, specially by people who think that spending a lot of money on earphones/ headphones, amps, & cables is the only way to get good sound. I never got great sound out of the iBuds because of their design. However, when I pushed them in (but had to keep my hands keeping them in place) they actually sounded pretty good, at least the ones that came with the iPhone 3, Classic 2007 & 2009 and 4G & 5G Nanos.

Of course they don't sound like most of the phones listed in my sig, which are VERY expensive, but they're not as bad as people in these forums often make them out to be.

You often get a similar reaction when people compare customs to universal IEMs, when the truth of the matter is that some universals can sound as good, if not better, than some customs out there.

May 2, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #9 of 35
Love my little white headphones. I'm listening to my ADDIEMs right now :)

May 2, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #10 of 35
I think iBuds get unfairly bashed, specially by people who think that spending a lot of money on earphones/ headphones, amps, & cables is the only way to get good sound. I never got great sound out of the iBuds because of their design. However, when I pushed them in (but had to keep my hands keeping them in place) they actually sounded pretty good, at least the ones that came with the iPhone 3, Classic 2007 & 2009 and 4G & 5G Nanos.

Of course they don't sound like most of the phones listed in my sig, which are VERY expensive, but they're not as bad as people in these forums often make them out to be.

You often get a similar reaction when people compare customs to universal IEMs, when the truth of the matter is that some universals can sound as good, if not better, than some customs out there.

Once I figured this out they did sound a lot better. I didn't need to hold them there either. That was like the first thing I learned on this website. Not long after that I bought the SE 530s though lol.

May 2, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #11 of 35
thread related headroom video

May 2, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #15 of 35
Why are there so many of these kinds of threads? It's largely just ignorance, and for most people, ignorance is bliss. If they're happy, then they're happy. I was perfectly content with using $10 sony cheapos for years. It was only until my sonys broke and I upgraded to $15 koss cheapos that a hidden longing for great sound was ignited within me. Not everyone is like this too. I'm sure many people here have let others listen to their outstanding head-fi, and although those people may have been thoroughly impressed, they were still happy afterwards still using their iBuds. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back