describe the sound of ideal headphone
Jan 19, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #3 of 10
The ideal headphones would not sound like headphones at all. The feel of them on your head would be the only clue that you were wearing them. With closed eyes, it would not be possible to tell that you were not actually at the concert or in the studio.
My DT770s come astonishingly close to that goal (astonishing because they only cost $150.) With binaural recordings, they get all the way there!

Jan 19, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #5 of 10
Describe the look of the perfect piece of art.

Jan 19, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #6 of 10
Ideal sound -> like listening to your favorite concert in like the Royal Albert Hall, WITHOUT PEOPLE COUGHING ALL THE TIME!!!! That would just be perfect.

There is no such headphone, but I'm still very happy with what I have.

Jan 19, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #8 of 10
A headphone that automatically adjusts its sound to the type of music so it sounds like a real concert hall every time, and when it's a bassy song, you feel it in your chest, not just your ears.

This headphone will never exist.

Jan 19, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #10 of 10
Gosh i even felt an pair of $15 bucks Openpair of Digital branded headphones sounds oright way way better than the SH PX200. It has a fun sound not as detailed but it represents the main bits really well. I might like grados then :p

Everyone is different so its really difficult for the headphones to pick the correct level of representation of the sound that you might like. Although it can vary alot if you just supply headphones with different level of EQ, sources

Users who are viewing this thread

Back