Deputy dumps paralyzed man out of wheelchair
Feb 14, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #2 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerguy0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This video is truly appalling. I sincerely hope this guy sues these people, big time.

It defies belief! What kind of moron decides if someone in a wheelchair is 'faking' or not - and then just tips them out?? To treat someone like that is degrading and insulting, not to mention pig-ignorant. I hope that idiot doesn't get his job back either.

Although if it's anything like the UK system - he'll still get 80% of his pay while he's suspended.

Feb 14, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #4 of 42
These reports are getting more common all the time - a certain result of the militarization of the police.

In England the other day, a fellow pulled out his black MP3 player to change tracks or whatever. Someone saw him, thought he had a gun, called 999, and the fellow was cuffed, arrested, fingerprinted, and DNA'd. Coming soon to a neighborhood near you.

Choose your portable gear in a wise color. Orange is the new black. This is no joke.

Laz

Feb 14, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #5 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It defies belief! What kind of moron decides if someone in a wheelchair is 'faking' or not - and then just tips them out?? To treat someone like that is degrading and insulting, not to mention pig-ignorant. I hope that idiot doesn't get his job back either.

Although if it's anything like the UK system - he'll still get 80% of his pay while he's suspended.

Actually, the deputy was female. So far, she'd been suspended without pay.

Feb 14, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #7 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerguy0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, the deputy was female. So far, she'd been suspended without pay.

Just goes to show why I shouldn't speed read! I think someone should tip her off a tall building to see if she can bounce. Shades of Nurse Ratchet??

Feb 14, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #8 of 42
It's like all those detective/police shows where the smart hero out thinks the dumb criminal pretending to be paralyzed. Except this is the opposite.

Feb 14, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #9 of 42
Maybe she thought he was Keyser Söze

That is apalling and I really liked his interview with MSNBC (I think) he talks about how this is just a symptom of a much greater epidemic of those in a position of power using that to further suppress the quality of life of others. The guy doesn't sound like he's vindictive; just that he wants things to change.

Feb 14, 2008 at 5:10 AM Post #10 of 42
that is terrible. the smiling at the end was quite a strange read. scary that this only gets coverage as he said: there are cameras to capture it.

however, i am surprised in the last few weeks to learn that in there are places where it is not strange to think of a deaf person nor a paralysed person driving a car. the very thought scares me and probably explains why i have nearly been hit many time crossing a flashing crosswalk.

Feb 14, 2008 at 8:26 AM Post #14 of 42
Our US government hires a lot of stupid people for some reason. I guess they take inspiration from Bush.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YTMND - Professor X had ONE weakness!

LOL that's terrible... terribly funny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back