Deppressing BS I can't rant about on facebook.
Aug 30, 2016 at 8:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7
Okay guys. Basically spilling out my recent story on here since I can't (or really shouldn't) on social media.

So I have (or rather had) a friend with a drug problem. He was about to be homeless so I let him stay in my guest room, tried to get him in rehab, helped him get a car, and helped him get a job. That was 8 months ago and he got his own place 2 months ago after saving up.

Last week my wife said she'd been sleeping with him for about 6 months. Then she filed for divorce and kicked me out the next day.
Just found out today that they moved in together right down the street from my moms house (where ive been staying for the past week). And he's back on drugs.

This sucks, I cant get my head on straight, and I don't know what to do. I lost my marriage, home, and home business.

That's a really short summary of the past 6 days. I have some good friends but honestly I can't talk about it much with them because I can't keep calm when I talk about it and I honestly don't feel like "going out" and "having fun" as they suggest.

I've been spending the past week listening to music almost non stop.
Anyone had a similar experience?
How the ever-loving hell do I deal with this????

Aug 31, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #2 of 7
Think about making sure you end up better than they're doing. Fuel your success with the hope of reveling in schadenfraude - you driving by in a fancy ride while he's shooting up or he's in a pine box, and she's probably shooting up and soon to be in a pine box.

Sep 1, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #3 of 7
^ X2

That's rough. 
Atleast you have friends around to try and cheer you up and make sure you don't get crazy. 
You need to move further away. You can't have them on your mind every time you step outside cause you're worried you might see them.
Good luck.

Sep 2, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #4 of 7
Don't know if it will help, or if you like this type of music, but reading your post made me think of this song, and so I'll leave it here.
Red - Fight to Forget
https://youtu.be/37gDLDWDUWE

Sep 2, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #5 of 7
Speaking of music, just think about how, when you're successful and polished, you'd have someone hotter and younger than her probably ranting about why you didn't notice her outfit. Which is what the song below is all about. Seven years ago I'd probably hate it and cry because that's how my ex and I started in college, ie, she wrote a poem on her blog ranting about how everyone kept complimenting her skirt but I was just chill like always (and this group has another music vid set in a college, or senior high), but since I started listening to newer music out of the electric guitar genre so I could still relate to the 21yo intern I dated for a while, I just find it amusing rather than painful.

If I ever crossed paths with anyone who looks like any of four of these I might stop being such a manwhore though.

Sep 2, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #6 of 7
I reckon if your marriage was destined to end, then at least it has ended before you've had kids, where things could have ended up very ugly.  

Get some stones, go down to the sea, focus all your anger and whatever into each stone and then toss them into the waves as you do so, and let it all go completely.

That being done, you'll probably find the woman you're really meant to be with. 

Sep 2, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #7 of 7
Thanks everyone. It's been a hell of a week thats for sure. Putting all my time and effort into work and youtube now. Keeping busy has been a great aid. I'm just ready for all this to be over and the paperwork finalized so I can move away from here. I've probably spent more time listening to music this week than in the past 6 months combined. Letting go of this isn't easy but its surely the best thing I can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back