Denver, NC meet Impressions, January 20, 2013........AKA Charlotte area meet
Jan 26, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #61 of 140
Quote:
Would you recommend me installing it during my initial build, or am I better off installing it down the road? Shame you don't have a pair of HD650's to test it on!

I'd say to convince your wife to let you go ahead and get yourself and her an early anniversary gift, because I don't have any doubt in mind that paired with the HD650, she will be fighting you to listen to it :wink:

That said, and in all seriousness, I can almost guarantee that the HD650 will be better with the Speedball upgrade.

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #64 of 140
It's rare you see anybody wearing an LCD-5. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #65 of 140
so hey to everyone who i talked to about the USB audio out. After much research, I think i may have solved the age old dilemma of audio out. And i think i can do it for around $100. Apple, prepare to meet your down fall.

So here's what im thinking. G4 mini pc, powered by a portable phone charger (it runs from powered USB into the micro USB slot on the G4). The default screen on the G4 set to a specific music app (it may vary a bit depending on the files you use) . Then run USB out, and into your USB DAC of choice. Then, you can control your music via the included IR remote. Think a simplistic platform like the original iPod shuffles. Now i haven't yet attempted it; however, i have from reliable sources that it should work, at least in theory. I plan to try it out as soon as I can rustle up $100 or so. 

Just thinking aloud here, but something like this could change the face of portable audio as we know it.

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #66 of 140
Regarding the photograph above, I believe he was getting his free prostate exam at the time the picture was snapped. We are very health oriented at our Meets.

I wonder how many will show up to our next meet? 

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #67 of 140
Regarding the photograph above, I believe he was getting his free prostate exam at the time the picture was snapped. We are very health oriented at our Meets.

I wonder how many will show up to our next meet? 

Clean bill of health and good tunes, really can't go wrong at an nc meet.

Jan 28, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #70 of 140
...and I used to wonder why their wasn't a high end audio store within a hundred miles of Charlotte.
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #73 of 140
Quote:
I do not know the photographer nor the subject but that is an excellent photo.

KP

Yeah it’s the face you make when you you’re thinking "my-ho-my why would anybody pay 2 grands for this POS? They sound just like a pair of LCD-2s playing in your neck!" and suddenly realize that it’s the wrong 'phones that are hooked up...
;¬)

Jan 29, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #74 of 140
Quote:

Yeah it’s the face you make when you you’re thinking "my-ho-my why would anybody pay 2 grands for this POS? They sound just like a pair of LCD-2s playing in your neck!" and suddenly realize that it’s the wrong 'phones that are hooked up...
;¬)

Calling someone elses choice of head phones a "POS" is rude at the very least. It may be your opinion and that's fine, but to belittle another persons gear in unacceptable. Stop it. 

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #75 of 140
Quote:
Calling someone elses choice of head phones a "POS" is rude at the very least. It may be your opinion and that's fine, but to belittle another persons gear in unacceptable. Stop it. 

In case you hadn't noticed, he was joking about the fact that the LCD-3s in the picture aren't plugged in but the LCD-2s around his neck are 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back