Denver, CO meet?
Aug 11, 2003 at 3:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

averydonovan

Headphoneus Supremus
I am curious how many members in the Denver area might be interested in a meet, maybe sometime in October. My house is too small to host anything like this but with enough people interested we can probably find a place to meet at.

There was a thread that seemed to generate a bit of interest in a Denver meet: http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...r&pagenumber=2 and I'd really like to see something like this happen. I'd be able to contribute a Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Sony MDR-V6, and a Sony D-14 portable CD player. So, anybody interested?
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: Tyson is generously going to host the meet at his place at 11am on Saturday, September 27th. See posts later in this thread for the gear list.

Aug 13, 2003 at 6:17 PM Post #4 of 40
I'd be interested. I've got Sennheiser HD600's and 280's, Etymotic ER6's, musical fidelity X-Cans, and a World Audio HD83 tubed headphone amp. A friend locally has the Sony V-6's and a couple of Radii tubed headphone amps (one is the new OTL from Radii). We should set a date and I'll see if we can get him to come along. We can do it at my place, if that's ok.

Aug 13, 2003 at 6:19 PM Post #5 of 40
Oh, also, I live in Denver, close to downtown.

Aug 14, 2003 at 3:58 AM Post #6 of 40
Cool, so there are a few people interested. I guess if we need to pick a date, maybe October 4 which is the first Saturday that month. I just pulled this one out of the air figuring that less people generally work on Saturdays, so this could change. We're all going to have to figure out what would work best for us. delta-Lampshade, not everybody (like myself) has heard Eggos or the KSC-35's so that would definately be great for you to bring. Tyson, it looks like you got some pretty nice gear, and that would be great if you would like to host this at your place. Downtown Denver, or right nearby, would probably be easiest for most people in the area to get to so your location would be great.

Hopefully we can get even more people to hop on
smily_headphones1.gif
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2003 at 6:42 AM Post #7 of 40
Cool. I have another friend w/the Grado SR-80's, maybe I can get him to come by too.

I also have the Bolder Cables Mensa DIO DAC and the Scott Nixon TubeDAC for sources.

And of course, if anyone want to hear the VMPS RM40's or the Axiom Audio M22ti's, I got those too :-D

Aug 15, 2003 at 6:05 PM Post #8 of 40
Just ordered a pair of AKG K271 Studio headphones for use at my workplace. So, I'll have those to listen to in our get togeter as well.

So, if all works out, we'll have

Sennheiser HD600's
Sennheiser HD280's
Sony V-6's
Grado SR-80's
AKG K271 Studio
Etymotic ER-6
Sony Eggo's
Koss KSC-35's
Beyerdynamic DT770's

Not a bad selection at all
cool.gif

Aug 16, 2003 at 3:50 AM Post #10 of 40
And I just bought a Meta42 supermini amp with all the upgrades, so that can be added to the list of amps:

Meta42
X-CansV1
World Audio HD83
Radii SET
Radii SET OTL dual output

Aug 19, 2003 at 3:04 PM Post #12 of 40
I also just got a SlimX IMP-350, but I might just bring it anyway. Can never have too much gear
wink.gif

I just rewired and re-cased my amp, which is a global-feedback loop type portable amp with a AD823 for the main opamp, with one BUF634 buffer per channel. And I might build another one soon, so there might be even more amps by the time we all meet up
biggrin.gif

Aug 20, 2003 at 3:47 PM Post #13 of 40
So we got three people in on this so far, a tentative date of October 4, with Tyson offering to host this at his place, and a good selection of gear. Anybody else want to hop on the bandwagon yet? I know there are more Denver/Boulder area folks on Head-Fi.

Aug 25, 2003 at 1:42 AM Post #15 of 40
The weekend of October 4 is completely out for me, I'm going to be in Washington for VSAC (Vacuum State of the Art Conference), a sort of CES for Vacuum Tube based gear. Mid-to-Late September works much better for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back