Denver Area Head-Fi Meet 2023 Saturday February 11th
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2023 at 9:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Voxata

Headphoneus Supremus
Denver, CO Head-Fi Meet
Date & Time: Saturday, February 11, 2023 from 1pm-6pm

Note: This address is in downtown Denver--in an office tower. Many GPSs will try to direct you to 1675 South Broadway. That is not what you want. You want plain 1675 Broadway (or 1675 N Broadway if that doesn't work). Make sure you are heading into downtown.

For those with a lot of gear, I will try to arrange access to the loading bay underneath the building so you can unload gear for a few minutes, then exit to park nearby. If I can't arrange that, one of us will wait outside on the corner so you can unload there and we can wheel it up.

There are a few nearby parking garages/areas. This is a good option: https://parkchirp.com/facilities/1635-tremont-place-parking/ Walk to the venue from this location is a couple minutes. If you are taking public transit to the meet, you can take the light rail to Union Station, then hop on the free 16th Street Mall bus and take it to the Court place stop where the building is located. Please respond to this thread if you are interested in carpooling and we can help make arrangements.

If you are planning to attend, please send a @Hiker816 or @Voxata confirming and include any questions you may have. If you want access to the loading bay, please also provide your full name, as security will check and sign everyone in. In that PM, include your cell and I will include mine in a response. Since the building is access-controlled, we need to coordinate your arrival so we can let you in.

Feb 12, 2023 at 12:23 AM Post #2 of 6
Great meet today! Thanks to all who showed up. Here are a couple photos. Hope to post more impressions over the next few days.

PXL_20230211_220802725.jpg

PXL_20230211_220741834.jpg

Feb 12, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #3 of 6
I really enjoy these meets as it gets me away from the usual work grind and I get to test a lot of equipment and discover new synergies, at the behest of my wallet anyways. I'll name some stars of the show for me:

The Suptratek tube pre with a headphone socket "added in". Holy crap did this sound awesome. It added great flavor to the CFA3 which to me shined with the supratek's help. Once those ELROG's break in that piece of kit is going to be a monster. I've never heard the 650s sound better.

Hugo TT2 - Yep I want one of these! This sounded fantastic and had a footprint that was palatable. It was decent with the 650s but with the LCD-X it really started to shine. The synergy is fantastic with this combo.

Frankentoob Valhalla 2 - Big surprise for me here honestly, this amp kicked ass! The adapter setup at first glance seemed silly but it was my assumptions that ended up as such. This had great detail, a nice helping of warmth and the perfect amount of power for my 650s.

8XX sticker mod - I put these on thinking I'd dislike them but I was pleasantly surprised. They were wide, airy and didn't fatigue. Great sound and the comfort was incredible. Nice touch of warmth too.

I'm glad we could all get together, and a huge thanks to Chris for hosting. Parking was a very short distance from the meet and cost $8 for the duration, as an fyi for the future curious.

Feb 12, 2023 at 11:28 PM Post #4 of 6
Great to hear everyone had a wonderful time. Hope I can attend the next one.

Feb 14, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #5 of 6
I do not have much to add to Vox's observations on the Supratek and Hugo TT2, other than to echo that they were both great. The Supratek is just a hair harder to judge since it was part of an insane chain and without prior experience on all of the components it is a little challenging to tell how much is the Supra vs the everything else feeding it. Clearly a reason to play with it more the next time we have a meet.

I really enjoyed Vox's modded 650. I will definitely be grabbing another 6XX at some point for the mod. There was another stock 650 on hand and it was pretty apparent how the mod took the 650 to another level.

The ZMF Atrium and Verite Closed were great examples of well made headphones that will shine depending on what genre you are using them for. The Atrium excelled with the prog metal I threw at it (Ayreon, Angra) but was just not at the same level with black/death/doom (Amon Amarth, Dissection, Panopticon, Cathedral). The Verite Closed loved the latter.

Apr 18, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #6 of 6
I have recently gotten back into the headphone game. While my stuff is modest compared to what my headphone rig was back in the day, I still love head-fi. I will do my absolute best to be at the next meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back