Denon to release Mid/High-End Woodie in Japan
Feb 11, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #106 of 250
No, I meant same driver, different wood/headband. "Disappointing" in that let's have another new can, not another re-tread (haven't heard the JVC anyway, so I've no idea of whether its good, bad, or indifferent). Sorry if it wasn't clear.

Anyway, I'll probably be getting a pair to test.

Feb 11, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #107 of 250
Quote:

Yeah.. For yrs.. You couldn't buy a 42inch plasma for under 3 grand.. Now you can buy one for 2 grands or less.. Should work the same way wit headphone technology..

Could be, however, the way of the dynamics transducer has been unchanged for several decades. I'm also hoping this Denon will be something super special, but my guess is we will have to wait for another 3 or 4 years for the 50th Anniversay headphone to replace the R10s. The plasma is being better b/c of the processing technologies and more demand. Most folks still afraid to drop 100 bucks on headphone.

Feb 13, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #108 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could be, however, the way of the dynamics transducer has been unchanged for several decades. I'm also hoping this Denon will be something super special, but my guess is we will have to wait for another 3 or 4 years for the 50th Anniversay headphone to replace the R10s. The plasma is being better b/c of the processing technologies and more demand. Most folks still afraid to drop 100 bucks on headphone.

Never thought of it that way.. Also, HDTV is more popular then hi end headphones.. So companies put more money into it's development. I just want a hi end phone for a grand or so..I consider 650's/701's/DT990's/SA5000 as mid range.. Hi end to me are the AKG 1000. Sony R10. Sony Qualia. Sen 90/60. Omegas. AT L3000. Maybe even the ATW5000. & some Joe Grado headphones like the HP-1 that people here gush over..

Feb 13, 2007 at 5:25 AM Post #109 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it my imagination, or do I remember that other previous "Denon" phones were sourced from another manufacturer? I'm thinking Panasonic, but I could be wrong. Either way, I'm not aware of Denon having major headphone manufacturing preowess, extensive lines or a long history in the field.

It would be disappointing if this was just a re-badge of the recent JVC woodie.

Well in case you guys missed it, at the end of page 3 someone provided photo evidence these may be Denon's re-badging of "Foster" headphones:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...0&postcount=60

Feb 13, 2007 at 7:01 AM Post #110 of 250
Mike,

C'mon...add the Denon D-5000 to your impressive list of cans. Take one for the team dude!!

Feb 13, 2007 at 7:51 AM Post #111 of 250
Although, it's nice to have another player in the market, I'm not willing to take the dive on Denon's. While the Denon's don't look like they have been designed by Fischer Price, they appear from the limited amount of photograph's I've seen, to appear inadequate in terms of build quality.
All's I'm trying to say is that I hope that the Denon's sound better than they look; not that appearance means much of anything.

Feb 13, 2007 at 1:55 PM Post #113 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by fureshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
interesting how even the lower end models look like the ones that denon will be selling.

Hmmm...did not look THAT similar to me.

Denon isn't a company that's known to OEM much, but anything is possible.

I won't know for a while, though - Amazon just emailed me that my order for D5000's will be delayed until the end of March
frown.gif

Feb 16, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #115 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm...did not look THAT similar to me.

Denon isn't a company that's known to OEM much, but anything is possible.

I won't know for a while, though - Amazon just emailed me that my order for D5000's will be delayed until the end of March
frown.gif

Ah figures, was hoping to hear some impressions of them
tongue.gif

It's possible they're borrowing/licensing the design of the exterior/casing, but the driver will be their own design ? *shrug*

Feb 22, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #116 of 250
eBay seller "Joyful Japan" is selling all three models with available shipping by February 25th and at an unbeatable price as of now. Look HERE

Mar 29, 2007 at 6:02 PM Post #119 of 250
Well, Amazon just delayed my order AGAIN. Now they are saying my DH5000's won't be here until early May
frown.gif

Mar 29, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #120 of 250
I'm actually torn between the Denon DH1000 and the A900 as next purchase in late april. Don't know if I'm courageous enough to head for the Denon. Still investigating.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back