Denon PMA-2000IVR Integrated Amp
Feb 11, 2008 at 1:34 AM Post #31 of 32
One can find the PMA-2000 IV service docs on eserviceinfo.com, btw. Very nice amp. For speakers, that is - the headphone out section seems to be no more than the usual dropping resistors after the power amp.

Feb 17, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #32 of 32
I finally got a chance to take the integrated amp and the speakers out of their boxes and set them up.

The amp has plenty of power driving my 4 ohm speakers. For casual listening, I usually keep the volume below the 9 o'clock position. At 10 o'clock position, things start to sound a bit unbearably loud. At 11 o'clock, I was sure I was going to get evicted from my apartment.
biggrin.gif
The amp just gets lukewarm driving my speakers. The build quality is very good, you can feel the weight and the fit and finish of the knobs. The integrated amp is very heavy. Once it's set in place, I sure as hell don't want to move it again.
tongue.gif

As to the sonic qualities, I am not used to all the audiophile mumbo jumbo. I will just say that this Denon integrated amp and my Polk LSi9 speakers sound good, very good to my ears. I love the ring radiator on my LSi9's. It doesn't sound fatiguing at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back