DENON D7000 revealed, impression and pics here
Aug 20, 2008 at 6:34 AM Post #61 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it better than Audio-Technica W5000 ?

I've heard the D2000's and W5000's on separate occasions and I'd say they have different sound signatures. More people might prefer the D7000's, but people will still prefer the W5000's.

Aug 20, 2008 at 9:40 AM Post #62 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by threEchelon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've heard the D2000's and W5000's on separate occasions and I'd say they have different sound signatures. More people might prefer the D7000's, but people will still prefer the W5000's.

And what has D2000 to do in this comparison? AS OP stated D7000 is quite different from D2000/5000. I have never heard W5000, but from other people's impression I conclude that it may be very good fon with proper source and amplification. But with source and amplification mismatch W5000 is not so impressive. I guess it is just another love/hate headphone.

Aug 21, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #64 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Boy I can't wait until Mark gets his hands on them. lol I have already pm'd him about the D5000, but I wanted to wait until the D7000 came out. And I'm glad I did. Mark, get your hands on these things asap so I can give you some business.
biggrin.gif

From the recent pics I've seen, they looked very identical to the D5000, but they stand out a little more in the pics you've provided.

Ditto!

Aug 21, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #65 of 131
The wooden cups' shape look different as well from those pics... on the D7000 the area around the DENON lettering seems to be slightly elevated while that same parts seems smooth/flat on the D5000.

I feel if denon went with the more polished finish, they shoulda done it to something like the AT W2002's finish.

Aug 21, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #66 of 131
^^^ Yes, about the finish. Are the metallic parts real metal, or are they spray painted plastic that looks like metal? I can't stand this. My father has a BMW 750iL and the iDrive knob is spray painted plastic that looks like metal. It is just shameful. For that matter, all these expensive cars use a spray painted metallic finish.

Aug 21, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #67 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The wooden cups' shape look different as well from those pics... on the D7000 the area around the DENON lettering seems to be slightly elevated while that same parts seems smooth/flat on the D5000.

I feel if denon went with the more polished finish, they shoulda done it to something like the AT W2002's finish.

From Denon: Redesigned mahogany housing (shape, thickness and finishing) to improve sound.

In addition to:Upgraded motor with bigger neodymium magnet
* Tangle-free elastomer sheath (also decreases unanted vibration) on 7N-OFC cable

Aug 21, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #68 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Forcryingoutloud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From Denon: Redesigned mahogany housing (shape, thickness and finishing) to improve sound.

In addition to:Upgraded motor with bigger neodymium magnet
* Tangle-free elastomer sheath (also decreases unanted vibration) on 7N-OFC cable

Wow, they put motor in? I hope this is V8.
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #69 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, they put motor in? I hope this is V8.
biggrin.gif

Actually, it's a hybrid. It uses head bopping motion to power an electric generator.

Aug 21, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #70 of 131
According with this early impressions, it seems to be 'similar' as the DX1000 in characteristics (can be slightly darker).... Another Jazz/Classical Headphone....
Sasaki, is the bass in this headphone stronger (has more slam) than the D5000?; And this headphone is slower than D5000?....
Thank you

Aug 22, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #71 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^^ Yes, about the finish. Are the metallic parts real metal, or are they spray painted plastic that looks like metal? I can't stand this. My father has a BMW 750iL and the iDrive knob is spray painted plastic that looks like metal. It is just shameful. For that matter, all these expensive cars use a spray painted metallic finish.

Several reasons.
- real metallic finishes for knobs are hard to maintain. They tend to tarnish, stain, or oxidize in contact with skin oils
- real metal conducts temperature. Try touching a metal dial after it's been baking in the sun for a while. Ouch.
- A real solid metal knob would be heavier. Plastic is lighter. Cars are already too heavy these days.
- And of course cost, the car would have cost a lot more if they used metallic parts everywhere. but the other reasons are just as valid.

Aug 25, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #72 of 131
> Hopefully its not completely like a Senn but just a slightly darker sound

> when you refer to the "senn" sound, are you referring to the 650s or 600s?

Well, 650 in mind as I have it, however, the reason why I referred to the Senn was not meant a comparison to HD650 nor HD600, not a specific can. It's just the darker sound reminds me of Senn rather than Grados or Audio techinicas.

> it seems to be 'similar' as the DX1000 in characteristics (can be slightly darker)....

It could be so, sound staging is similar to DX1000 but a bit darker.

> Sasaki, is the bass in this headphone stronger (has more slam) than the D5000?; And this headphone is slower than D5000?....

I thin so, but I do not think this is slower than D5000.

Aug 25, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #75 of 131
Anybody notice something interesting about the specs?

Apart from the sensitivity, they are the same as the D2000/D5000. The D7000 has 108 dB/mW compared to the D2000/D5000 having 106 dB/mW. This matches what Sasaki said about the the D5000 needing a higher setting on the volume knob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back