Denon D5000 $498 on Buy.com?
Jan 21, 2013 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dryvadeum

1000+ Head-Fier
I found Buy.com selling new Denon D5000 for $498 - is this legitimate? Could stores still have new stock left over?

Jan 21, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #2 of 5
It could be possible, but unlikely..

Jan 21, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #3 of 5
Also notice it's a marketplace listing, not actually sold by Buy.com. Methinks it likely is legitimate; probably a middleman retailer that bought a garage full of them when they were on sale at some point in the past and is looking to cash-out now that they can dictate pricing. But who knows. I have no idea what Buy.com's policies are like for marketplace sales - if it were Amazon I'd say check the reviews of the seller and then roll the dice, because worst-case you'll be filing an A-to-Z claim when it never arrives, but I don't know if Buy will stand behind you like that.

Jan 21, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #4 of 5
I contacted the seller so hopefully should find out soon. If it's legit I'll get these and cancel my order of a second hand pair off amazon.co.jp. Has anyone had any experience cancelling orders and getting a refund?

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Also notice it's a marketplace listing, not actually sold by Buy.com. Methinks it likely is legitimate; probably a middleman retailer that bought a garage full of them when they were on sale at some point in the past and is looking to cash-out now that they can dictate pricing. But who knows. I have no idea what Buy.com's policies are like for marketplace sales - if it were Amazon I'd say check the reviews of the seller and then roll the dice, because worst-case you'll be filing an A-to-Z claim when it never arrives, but I don't know if Buy will stand behind you like that.

Yeah, the seller has gotten a few bad reviews so I might avoid this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back