Denon D2000 second impressions
Oct 25, 2007 at 4:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

physh

100+ Head-Fier
My initial impressions were, the Denon's sounded unimpressive, and required quite high volume to sound good.

After about a week of burn in...

They sound amazing. Bass isn't as boomy, and maybe slightly less impact, but it's detailed and excellent.

I can't even listen to my super.fi's anymore.

I still havn't figured out which screws are the problem screws. Is it the pivot screws? There are over a dozen screws.

The construction seems excellent. Someone said they feel fragile, I have to disagree. The frame, and just about all of the parts are solid magnesium. The only plastic parts are the cups.

Jan 17, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #3 of 8
The screws youre referring to are the pivot screws. They are relatively short and tend to shake loose, causing the cup to fall off. A little loctite will probably help with that if youre having a problem.

Jan 17, 2008 at 7:53 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by physh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My initial impressions were, the Denon's sounded unimpressive, and required quite high volume to sound good.

After about a week of burn in...

They sound amazing. Bass isn't as boomy, and maybe slightly less impact, but it's detailed and excellent.

snip.

I have found the complete opposite to your intial impression. At low and meddium listening levels I really enjoy them, but less so when set them to higher volumes.

They are a nice can overall. They do look great and are sooo comfortable to wear.

Jan 17, 2008 at 7:57 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting feedback. Thanks, Geo

Grr stop bumping old threads to get your post count up.

Jan 17, 2008 at 11:58 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by barney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the D5000 have the same problem? I understand that they are similar.

It's not a problem, just screw it back if it loosens, you people with D2/5000 screw problem your lifes must be perfekt if you think this is a problem
wink.gif

Jan 17, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #8 of 8
I had not used my D2000's for quite awhile, choosing my ATH-A700s or 580s for "sit down and just listen" times. This week I'm back to using my Denons and its fun to still have some "WOW this sounds great!" moments with these headphones. But the cord still sucks on these things, otherwise the build and comfort are top notch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back