Denon D2000 experiences please
Aug 27, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #16 of 34
The D2000's, like their older brother the D5000's, are probably the most comfortable headphones on the market right now...at least from what I've tried.

Also, they will work directly of of the ipod just fine, but you will want to get an am someday...those 50mm drivers just need a little shove to really get going.

Alternatively, you could get the D1000's which are designed for portable use.

Aug 27, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #17 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since D2000 has had very little discussion on this forum, I can tell you that they are nice cans.

Assuming you aren't being sarcastic...

Say WHAT?
icon10.gif

Anywho, an iPod headphone out will drive the D2000s (and D5000s) just fine and dandy, so don't sweat that. Both of those phones will of course benefit a little bit with a portable amp, so in the event you decide to upgrade later down the road, more power to you (pun intended). But for now, you will be very happy with the results you get while driving them with your iPod.

Aug 27, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #18 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootleg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The D2000's, like their older brother the D5000's, are probably the most comfortable headphones on the market right now...at least from what I've tried.

Also, they will work directly of of the ipod just fine, but you will want to get an am someday...those 50mm drivers just need a little shove to really get going.

Alternatively, you could get the D1000's which are designed for portable use.

What are the main differences between the D2000 and D5000? Is it just the cable and the wood? I looked at their specs on the Denon website and they are almost identical.

Also, I looked at the Silver Dragon cables for replacements, imo they are not very aesthetically pleasing, is there a sleeve or something else that could be put over them? Are they difficult to install? I have some soldering experience, but its limited. Or is it like replacing speakers where the wires have clips at the ends?

All opinions and thoughts welcome!

Aug 27, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anywho, an iPod headphone out will drive the D2000s (and D5000s) just fine and dandy, so don't sweat that. Both of those phones will of course benefit a little bit with a portable amp, so in the event you decide to upgrade later down the road, more power to you (pun intended). But for now, you will be very happy with the results you get while driving them with your iPod.

Could I get a few more suggestions for amps then? Thanks all!

Aug 27, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #20 of 34
Aug 27, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #21 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by jantze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alex / A Pure Sound has cables too.

http://apuresound.com/images/cables/hd2000.html

I think I'm going to order my cable from Alex.

Those look pretty good, how do they sound? Also, I saw that they didnt have the 1/8" jack at the end, would I still be able to use an iPod with them? Adapter perhaps?

Still wondering about portable amps.

Thanks all.

Aug 27, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #23 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Moonaudio was so impressed with the Silverdragon cable on the D2000s that he is putting it into his line. Just my experience.

Wow, that sounds very assuring!
Please post your impressions when you get them back.
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #25 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed it seems to doesn't it Andrew. UPS scheduled delivery Wednesday.

I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions too. I couldn't be happier with my recabled D2000.

Aug 28, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #27 of 34
Wayne, my only objection to recabling any phone, as in this case to a new member who has other glaring prioritys is the money is much better spent elsewhere assembling a lower mid level system and recabling IMO is much more of fine tuning a few last percentages of potential from a given phone in a better than average system well driven. We can disagree about percentages of improvement recabling may offer, but the prudent investment in this case is IMO & E, best spent elsewhere in the entry level system than in recabling.

I remain suspect of claims of superlative improvements by recabling found in other threads (not by yourself), of 80% improvements. This is not at all to say your opinion is warentless, however in this application and for many, recabling dollars are best spent elsewhere in their systems, especially so in lower end systems.

Again, I'm sure your $450 spent on recabling the 650s/701s/D2000 is money well spent for some people, yourself included. Just not in the case at hand IMO
wink.gif

Hell, I still haven't recabled any of mine, and they flat out ROCK due to where I spent that $450
wink.gif

Aug 28, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #28 of 34
Bill, very cogent observation. Sometimes I lose sight of where people are in their audio setups. For me, it was most satisfying but only because the chain in front of it was set up prior to the cables.

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:36 AM Post #30 of 34
A soundcard will drive them...just not in the style that they would like. This is also true of any Grado' above the SR80's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back