Denon D2000 D5000 Loose Screw Issue Update
Aug 14, 2007 at 12:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Bootleg

Headphoneus Supremus
Now that the backorders have been filled for a week or two, does anyone have any loose screw issues with the latest batch of Denon's?

Trying to see if they fixed it with the downtime.

Also, I sent an email to Denon about the issue when it first cropped up but it was never answered (surprise surprise)...has anyone actually mad contact with Denon about it?

Aug 14, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #5 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just received my 2000 today. I will keep a watch out. Any warning signs?

If you hold each of the earcups and look at the hinge screw...gently see if one has more side to side "play" than the other...

If it does, and you use them frequently, the screw may work its way completely loose in a few weeks.

Aug 14, 2007 at 9:53 AM Post #6 of 24
No play in mine. They're from the new batch, hopefully they fixed it. I'll let ya know in a few weeks
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #9 of 24
Old batch here, no problems so far.

Aug 15, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #10 of 24
First, thanks so much for all your posts on the D5000. I just burned mine in and they sound great.

1-Can you tell me how much side to side"play" the earcups should have? Mine have a slight gap right at the single screw pivot point that is equal on both sides.

2-Is there supposed to be a slight amount of play to allow the earcups to adjust and float on to your head?

3-If I screw the cups tightly into the headband with no play won't it be more difficult for the earcups to adjust to the contour of your head?

Thanks

Aug 20, 2007 at 12:49 PM Post #11 of 24
Had mine for a total of 5 days now, and the left cup just fell off.

Pretty sure mine was from the new batch, had to wait ages for audiocubes to get them back in stock (and now they're cheaper too, darnit).

Not very happy.

Aug 20, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #14 of 24
I haven't heard much about customers sending the phones to Denon for repair. Has anyone gone this route, or have most people just repaired it themselves? I'd be curious to know, because although it seems that "loctite-ing" the screw isn't too difficult, if everyone does it then Denon won't be entirely aware of the scope of the defect.

Aug 20, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #15 of 24
I don't know about anyone else who has had this problem, but I am slightly reluctant to contact the suppliers (in my case audiocubes). There's nothing much they can do other than replace it, and that means shipping back to Japan. Much easier and quicker just to fix it myself.

Will contact audiocubes anyway and post updates here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back