Denon D1001 VS Audio Technica AD700
Jan 22, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by WarriorAnt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have an average size head but my 14 year old teenage daughter will at times also be using whichever cans I decide in (and I may have to buy both because I can see one set of cans might not do it!).

Will she have a problem with the AD700? Her head is not yet adult size.

Yeah, if her head isn't yet big, then it will likely easily slip off... especially if she's head banging to music. The reason for the AD700's comfort is it's loose fit while still firmly clamping the pads to the head. If she doesn't move her head much while using the headphones, it shouldn't be a huge problem... but I can't guarantee that.

Jan 22, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FWIR...
It depends, but from the previous question I'm guessing you and she would find the AD700 the most engaging.

What in the previous question would make you guess at this?

Actually I'm hoping to hear which of the 2 cans other people who have experienced both sets of can find most engaging.

Jan 22, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

What in the previous question would make you guess at this?

"magical"

Quote:

Actually I'm hoping to hear which of the 2 cans other people who have experienced both sets of can find most engaging.

Yes, hopefully those who have heard both will post in your thread.

Jan 22, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Thanks scytheavater.

I have an average size head but my 14 year old teenage daughter will at times also be using whichever cans I decide in (and I may have to buy both because I can see one set of cans might not do it!).

Will she have a problem with the AD700? Her head is not yet adult size.

Which of the 2 cans would you guys say is the most "magical" in terms of music. Which one is the most engaging?

Well mine fit fine and I'm 15...

They're not super super tight. I couldn't headbang with them on. But it's not like they randomly fall off...

Jan 23, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #21 of 23
The AD700 have a loose fit, fine if I'm sitting upright, but if you tilt your head forward they will slide a bit. The 1001 are much less comfortable, but still not uncomfortable. The sound quality of the AD700 is better in every conceivable way (except maybe bass). Really, it comes down to what you're using these for. The AD700 are HUGE with a long cord, but the 1001 are small and have a short cord.

Home, not moving around, not worried about sound isolation/leakage = AD700

Portable, public use, around other people = 1001

Jan 23, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Whats the deal with the rubber band on the wings? Does that help fit the AD700 to a smaller head?

The cans will be for home use.

Yes, that's to add tension. Some have gone so far as to bend the over head bars at the apex so it is more of a V shaped curve instead of the stock curve shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back