Denon C100 IEM Review
Oct 28, 2013 at 7:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1
Introduction
Clear sound, punchy bass, detailed Highs and forward mids; balanced.

Specifications

Driver:11.5 mm Dynamic
Freq. Response: 4hz-20khz
Ohms: 16
Sensitivity: 110dB

Build Quality (incl. Fit & Finish)
The build quality on the C100 is very sturdy, the driver is set at an angle which I think gives it the beautiful sound signature. The mic and control is built pretty decent and seems very sturdy. Its not as heavy as say the Dunu Detonator, but it fits well in the ear and it came with all sorts of ear tips including some nice memory foam tips.

Sound Quality

All tests were done on an iPhone 5
Songs
Parallax II By Between The Buried and Me (Metal)
6:00 By Dream Theater
Memories Back Then by T,I,
Little Braver by Girls Dead Monster

Bass- Solid, the bass is punchy not super lacking and doesn't blend into the mids. It does roll off a bit in the sub bass, however sounds really good on rap songs. And makes my prog metal sound amazing.

Mids: Not a lot of earphones or headphones for the matter actually make snare drums sound real now days. The mids on the earphone are quite forward which is a change for me and my beyerdynamic 880s, which seem to sometimes lack mid. It was actually fairly amazing sounding. The guitars are something else. Vocals especially from Tommy Giles in the Parallax II by Between The Buried and Me are ridiculous through these earphones.

Highs : the highs are quite enjoyable because they don't roll off and because they have just enough power that it doesn't hurt my ears. I can also say that the highs are quite detailed.

Overall: This earbud is way too cheap. It honestly is one of the best in ear I have heard( granted I have no CIEM) but this would be a great on the go cheap earbud that even the avg consumer could enjoy. This headphone has almost brought me to tears but it has definitely brought me back into music and it had me head banging the whole time I wrote this. As you can see though the mids are where it's at. Denon did right by this earbud , might have to get into the rest of this series maybe even try the D600.

To Michael Mercer and Warren Chi for telling me to write and for being there for me when I needed them too.
Also sorry this review isn't exceptionally long, this is my first in-ear review and I don't have a lot of experience with portable rigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back