Denon AHD 5000 + Audio GD Fun for mainly classical (a lot of piano) keep or sell?
Mar 5, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #16 of 42
The D5000 is a very good set of headphones, and if the Audio-Gd FUN is similar in sound to the older Compass, these two should match nicely. Trust your ears - if it sounds outstanding to you, then you're in good shape. For a closed headphone, the Denon headstage is actually pretty good. If the massive bass isn't a turn-off for you, there's no reason to look elsewhere. Enjoy!

Mar 5, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #17 of 42
Lol he haven't tried the gear but already want to sell it.

I haven't own the phone but already want to keep it.

biggrin.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #18 of 42
Ah and we all forgot to mention Jmoney pads, which refines bass, adds soundstage and over all improves details, so I guess it is must for classic :p

Mar 5, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #19 of 42
Mar 5, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #20 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachkebia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
D5000 is serious keeper
beerchug.gif

LOL a serious keeper? and you want to trade your pair after a month already
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Okey, I have settled for my office setup, so I am looking for trading these baby`s Denon D5000 (Jmoney pads), HD650(silver, new version), Grado SR325i (goldie), together or seperate. Just through some offers, amps, headphones, amps and headphones combo, even some IEM trades will be considered. Interested in RS1i, T1, HD800. all the phones are as new, I can post pictures if I get nice offer
o2smile.gif

Denon D5000 - One month old, first owner
HD650 - Three months old, first owner
sr325i - One month old, first owner

This might be confusing to some so let me put an example what type of trades I am looking for. for instance trading your HD800 with my HD650 plus SR325i or your T1 with my D5000 plus HD650
smily_headphones1.gif

NO SALE, ONLY TRADE. PLEASE!

Mar 5, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #21 of 42
I want to trade them because I can not use them, I love them most but I simply can not use them. only if they could isolate.....

Mar 5, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #22 of 42
To reiterate my initial post, the D5000s are simply superb all around cans, although the markl mods do improve them substantially overall from a technical standpoint (if you like their laid back sound though, don't markl mod).

If you can't go with K701s or any other open cans, I'm gonna go ahead and say Denons are your best closed option within a reasonable price.

Mar 5, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #23 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To reiterate my initial post, the D5000s are simply superb all around cans, although the markl mods do improve them substantially overall from a technical standpoint (if you like their laid back sound though, don't markl mod).

If you can't go with K701s or any other open cans, I'm gonna go ahead and say Denons are your best closed option within a reasonable price.

Yeah, absolutely, except they are not really closed.

Mar 5, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #25 of 42
Well if isolation is not the thing to consider why go with closed phones?

Mar 5, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #26 of 42
Don´t read to much about what other think if you are happy with your set. If you get your amp and you enjoy classical just continue to enjoy them. Otherwise you will enter a spinning wheel which may be hard to stop in the quest for perfect sound
wink.gif

It´s always nice with a change of signature though. If you want something that is extremely good with piano you could try the Pro 900. K701, markl D5000, DX 1000, ED 8, Hd 650 they all sound more or less broken with piano.

Mar 5, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #27 of 42
Quote:

Well if isolation is not the thing to consider why go with closed phones?

I love to try a new headphone. I had tried two open cans and I love open cans. The only closed one I had is SRH440 and I don't like it. I would like to try a better one.

I would like to experience Denon sound especially its controversial bass
biggrin.gif

I see people claim that D5000, despite being a closed can, still has great soundstage and imaging.

I would like to see how beautiful a woody can can be. I don't like a wooden ring like Grado's. I'm impressed about stuff like W5000, D5000, D7000 etc...

Mar 5, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #28 of 42
I started my Denon journey with the D5000's. I moved to the D7000's, mostly because I wanted to - I listened to both, and the switch was not a slam dunk, the D5000 is very good. I listen to a bit of classical, and the Denon's are great with classical, with the caveat "for a closed can." You just don't get the sound stage and air around the notes that you get with an open can. If you need to use closed cans (as I do) the denons are a great choice, and do very well with classical. The JVC DX1000 is a nice choice also.

Mar 5, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #29 of 42
I also think that the D5000 are fine for classical music...I listened to mainly piano and violin concertos, but I am sure that orchestral music would be fine too.

Mar 5, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #30 of 42
The D5000 is still really good for classical music, especially if you like to have some 'impact' to your classical music.

While proper Amping is necessary eventually, don't worry about it right away. Too many people get caught up in getting the perfect set-up from day one. I think it's better to drag it out in steps, so that your ear can honestly tell the difference. And if your ear can't tell the difference, than return what ever 'upgrade' it was supposed to be.

The D5000 can sound great even with out being amped, IMO. Although I do amp it through hybrid devices, as they work great.

The D5000's can leak a bit of sound, so test them out and make sure they are right. But it would be hard to find a more comfortable pair of phones than the D5000s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back