Denon AH-GC20 Headphone Discussion Thread
Apr 8, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #31 of 179
  Cheers @gr8soundz, good to finally get some more news on these!

The design seems great.

They've done with the controls exactly what I thought they should have done with the Momentum Wireless when using them - a rocker switch for play/plause and shift up or down for next and previous track. And then a separate volume button.
Should be a lot easier to use and more intuitive.

The real world shots look great. That hanger looks lovely, the soft aluminium.

As I think was mentioned really looks like a cross between the Sony and the Zik.

Think they've got the design nailed.

What other ANC headphones have you tried?

Will be trying my 2nd pair of the wireless M2 this weekend.

Hoping it doesn't have the same bluetooth issue as the 1st pair I tried.

Apr 9, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #32 of 179
Just looked at the Denon manual. It looks really good in terms of button placement and design. Rocker for forward and rewind should work much better than pressing the play button 2 or 3 times like the Momentum Wireless or Symphony 1. Separate call button and ANC button is also good as is the fact the you need to hold down the power button for a few seconds to turn it off or on (the Symphony 1 only needs a tap which makes it very easy to turn it off accidently). Would like to see how the ear cups are size wise. Looks round from first impressions but some of the photos shown make it seem like it they might not be. SImilar to the Sony MKII almost in that regard.

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #33 of 179
Rocker placement seems identical to the M2, which is slightly flawed because it typically gets caught by hooded jackets when turning your head.

Apr 9, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #34 of 179
Rocker placement seems identical to the M2, which is slightly flawed because it typically gets caught by hooded jackets when turning your head.

Its function is quite different to the rocker of the M2. The M2 rocks to change volume and you have to press the button 2 or 3 times to fast forward or rewind. The rocker here rocks to fast forward or rewind. The volume is on a separate button. No more pressing the button multiple times and having the wrong control activated as it didn't register all the button presses.

Apr 9, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #35 of 179
Yeah, I agree, but the position of it on the cup is still flawed imo.

Apr 11, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #38 of 179
  it will. I went through 4 pair.

Got them yesterday. Same issue.

Posted it here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/749606/sennheiser-momentum-2-0-and-wireless/1350#post_11497478

Can't wait to try Denon's GC20. If they sound great and are built as well as they look, the M2s will go back for good.

Apr 14, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #40 of 179
Can't wait to try Denon's GC20. If they sound great and are built as well as they look, the M2s will go back for good.
do you think they'll be available so soon?
How long can you keep the Senny?

Apr 14, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #41 of 179
I've seen release dates of April 30 and May 1 so far.

Can keep the M2 a few more weeks if needed (on my 2nd pair). Still some BT gliches but only happens 1-2 rooms away if I cover them with my hand. Direct line sight seems to be ok. M2 sounds very good so the Denon will have to be pretty impressive.

Apr 14, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #42 of 179
Estimated release date in Norway is 1st of May, and the price is just under 70% of the Sennheiser Momentum M2.

Apr 27, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #43 of 179
Estimated release date postponed until 3rd of June in Norway... I hope it is because they are tweaking the product.

Apr 27, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #44 of 179
Estimated release date postponed until 3rd of June in Norway... I hope it is because they are tweaking the product.

It's because they are reading Head-Fi and are scared with all the problems found in the other headphones like Momentum and H8 etc :)
Yeah, I suppose they try to make it right.

Apr 27, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #45 of 179

It's because they are reading Head-Fi and are scared with all the problems found in the other headphones like Momentum and H8 etc :)
Yeah, I suppose they try to make it right.

That would actually be pretty cool if that really was the case especially if an established company like Denon rated this forum highly enough to listen to our feedback. Will just get the usual technical difficulties or production problems comments thrown about if we ask though no doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back