Denon AH-D9200 - 2018 Flagship - Impressions Thread
Mar 12, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #2,357 of 4,401
Glad you've found that special one. :)

I wish you hours of pleasure on end. :smile:

Thou, i've to say that i'm going to sell my D9200.
It's too similar to the Era-1 for me.
Maybe my ears aren't that good. ^^
The Quads offers a better listening pleasure to me overall. 🤷‍♂️

Nonetheless, i'm heading for another closed back.
We'll see what's next. :)
I saw your 9200s announcement in the new Head-fi classifieds lists. I hope you won't regret for that... :beerchug:

Mar 12, 2021 at 11:31 PM Post #2,358 of 4,401
I saw your 9200s announcement in the new Head-fi classifieds lists. I hope you won't regret for that... :beerchug:
Don't worry.
I'm totally fine with my decision. :)

For a home listening headphone, the Era-1 offers a slightly better experience to me.
There was some very long days of going back and forth between them, so i'm somewhat settled now.

Would be glad to find a worthy new home for the great D9200, nonetheless.

Heading for a new open back headphone instead.
Maybe i'll have a look into ZMF ones, bc it should be a dynamic one. :wink:

But i've time to take the plunge.

It's all about the music. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #2,360 of 4,401
Anyone else have issues with the AH-D9200 where the cups fall off easily?
Yep. No problems with the cups on my first pair, but those were returned due to rattling in the right driver with low-bass notes.
However with the replacement pair, the left cup would fall off with the slightest nudge. Swapping the left and right cups over has improved this. The fitting could still be more secure, but now it’s good enough.

Mar 13, 2021 at 4:21 AM Post #2,361 of 4,401

A few pages ago, there where some reports about loose pads. I’ve returned my previous D9200s due to this issue. I’ve switched my left/right pad of my current D9200s since it was still loose. Now it’s ok.

Mar 14, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #2,364 of 4,401
I've never had this issue occur on my AH-D9200 before (thank goodness). I use these headphones quite a fair bit, so if it's a defect across a large swathe of manufacturing batches, it'll show up on mine, too. With that being said, I've had nary a problem with the pads, so this could be a localized issue. Try switching the pads around - I hope you get them resolved! :)

Mar 15, 2021 at 4:03 AM Post #2,365 of 4,401
Hi, by cups I presume you mean the ear pads. I haven't had any issues with my D7200s or D9200s. In fact thy're a little challenging to remove, but I'm always careful not to damage the plastic latches on the mounting ring as they look as if they would be easy to break. It would be nice if it were possible to purchase the plastic mounting rings separately, but they're only available together with pads.

Mar 15, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #2,366 of 4,401
Yes it happened to me twice and with the same left pad, but just when I'm cleaning them after use (following Malevolent's recommendations, thanks a lot for that, mate :beerchug: )

Mar 15, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #2,367 of 4,401
Yes it happened to me twice and with the same left pad, but just when I'm cleaning them after use (following Malevolent's recommendations, thanks a lot for that, mate :beerchug: )
How are you enjoying your AH-D9200, by the way? I hope that you're getting as much mileage on these cans as I am! :)

Mar 15, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #2,368 of 4,401
How are you enjoying your AH-D9200, by the way? I hope that you're getting as much mileage on these cans as I am! :)
Now, like you, I'm in a fever to look for the best bass. The 9200s started that itch :relieved:, after tried some Beyers. In a few weeks, I will re-buy the DT 1990 Pro with an Amiron Wireless foam pads to increase the bass and decrease the highs. Then, I will save for the DAC/AMP I mentioned in "closed back thread". After that, I'm thinking to go deeply in the rabbit hole :deadhorse: (if I still can, after all those purchases) with Z1R, and maybe TH 900 (i'm very curious about the bass of them) and, of course, the new Rögnir.

Mar 15, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #2,369 of 4,401
I'm falling in love again 🤦
Have listened before with Silver Dragon and after that I've used the Beyerdynamic Copper Cable 'cause the 15ft XLR Silver was a mess, and now it pairs with my Z1R...
But today Is one of that days, my 2,5 Silver Dragon 5ft (already burned in) arrived supposing to use it on the go in the Appartment with the Z1R.
So before I go to the dark side of Sony I had this flash in the head to try it first on the D9200.
QOBUZ/KateBush-All the love 44,1KHZ
First I plugged it in both sides of AK SE200, AKM was No good Combination, ESS little better, but the voice...
So put the cable in the AK SA700 and what can I say, this Combination.
I never have heard this Phone so pleasant.
This Player is my on the go One because I don't like huge soundstages outside.
Now with the new Combination the soundstage feels alright widened.
Was thinking to change some Tracks and listen to a playlist and now I'm lost with Kate 🤗

Mar 16, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #2,370 of 4,401
Now, like you, I'm in a fever to look for the best bass. The 9200s started that itch :relieved:, after tried some Beyers. In a few weeks, I will re-buy the DT 1990 Pro with an Amiron Wireless foam pads to increase the bass and decrease the highs. Then, I will save for the DAC/AMP I mentioned in "closed back thread". After that, I'm thinking to go deeply in the rabbit hole :deadhorse: (if I still can, after all those purchases) with Z1R, and maybe TH 900 (i'm very curious about the bass of them) and, of course, the new Rögnir.
Ouch! I see myself in you, my friend - someone who enjoys their current headphones, but is always left pondering... is there something else out there worth trying / buying? :wink:

For me, I am very happy with what I'm hearing from my cans in the dynamic side of things; however, I have yet to find a truly great planar that satisfies my persistent bass itch. The AEON 2 Closed comes close, but none of the other (closed) planars are able to deliver the lower registers in spades. I'm hoping that the Rögnir will be that halo product that I'm seeking. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back