Denon AH-D600 vs Ultrasone PRO 900 vs any other closed back headphones under $600
Jan 20, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #2 of 15
what exactly are you looking for in a headphone? I haven't tried the Ultrasone but I have the Denons, so I could possibly provide some input depending on what want out of them...

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #4 of 15
Well, again, it depends on what you want... if you just care about bass, and not much else, then they're really great. The bass on them is some of the best I've heard. It has the cleanest, tightest, fastest bass out there, while still remaining reasonably emphasized and well extended (you can hear rumble down to about 1-5hz with these, with very small gradual roll-off from about 25hz). I believe it's the closest to having a studio subwoofer setup I've found (more-so than the original Denon Dx000 line, and even the LCD-2 [rev.1]). HOWEVER... the mids on it are very recessed, and the treble extension is lacking. It also doesn't isolate a whole lot (though better than the original Dx000 Denons) for a closed phone. It is mighty comfortable though.

So if you want great bass and don't mind the sub-par mids/highs, then the D600 is your phone. Otherwise, if you just want the 'overall best' phone in that price range, you're gonna have everybody and their mothers recommending you the Hifiman HE-400. But like I said, it really depends on what you're looking for, cause no headphone is ever gonna be 'the best' in everybody's mind.

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:
What do you mean save your money? Also how are the Sennheiser Momentum?

"Making gaming videos on youtube."

Studio or audiophile grade headphones are hardly an expense I would add to to a gaming video for youtube. The audience will not even appreciate it as the majority of them are listening either on poor little computer speakers or some entry level junk-head-sets. It's not like they're all sitting around with hifi systems to listen to video game videos on youtube. So I would save your money and just get a decent entry or mid-fi headphone for general use and not worry about the gaming video part of this equation at all in terms of the headphone.

The Momentums are a nice, warm, efficient headphone. Probably over-priced though, honestly. See above recommendations again.

Very best,

Jan 22, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

"Making gaming videos on youtube."

Studio or audiophile grade headphones are hardly an expense I would add to to a gaming video for youtube. The audience will not even appreciate it as the majority of them are listening either on poor little computer speakers or some entry level junk-head-sets. It's not like they're all sitting around with hifi systems to listen to video game videos on youtube. So I would save your money and just get a decent entry or mid-fi headphone for general use and not worry about the gaming video part of this equation at all in terms of the headphone.

The Momentums are a nice, warm, efficient headphone. Probably over-priced though, honestly. See above recommendations again.

Very best,

Dude im not only taking about youtube videos, i sit at home listening to music ALL day, I know what high Quality sound is and i enjoy it and this isnt my first high quality pair of headphones either. 

Jan 22, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:
Dude im not only taking about youtube videos, i sit at home listening to music ALL day, I know what high Quality sound is and i enjoy it and this isnt my first high quality pair of headphones either. 

None of that information was included in your post(s).

But knowing that; basically I'll just say refer to the above list yet again until you can give us even more information about what exactly you're looking for in a headphone, since it's not your first and you know what high quality sound is.

Very best,

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #13 of 15
Jan 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:
Does the D600 require amping? If so, how powerful?

With my Asgard the treble does get brought out quite a bit, but they're very good out of an iPod. About 60-70% volume is needed for listenable volume when outside. 

Jun 10, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:
Does the D600 require amping? If so, how powerful?

Sorry for the necro, but I've heard from multiple reviewers that am amp really helps tame the bass and bring out the mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back