Denon AH-D600 or HD598?
Aug 22, 2013 at 6:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

novadragon849

New Head-Fier
Hi I want to get some new headphones and I managed to narrow down to the AH-D600 and HD598.

They are both around the same price of where I live.

I want to use these for mainly gaming on the Astro mixamp but I will also like to listen to music and watch films as well and was wondering which do you guys think will be better?

Thanks

Aug 22, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #2 of 6
Hello!

The Denon AH-D600 and Sennheiser HD598 are very different! The Denon will not leak sound while the Sennheiser will leak plenty. Depending on what genre of music you listen, the HD598 may be too slow or laid back for it. In addition, the HD598 have rolled of bass and the Denon AH-D600 are for sure more bassy in comparison. The HD598 have wider soundstage thought.

May I know what genre of music do you listen to?

Hope it helps!
Billson :)

Aug 22, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
Hello!

The Denon AH-D600 and Sennheiser HD598 are very different! The Denon will not leak sound while the Sennheiser will leak plenty. Depending on what genre of music you listen, the HD598 may be too slow or laid back for it. In addition, the HD598 have rolled of bass and the Denon AH-D600 are for sure more bassy in comparison. The HD598 have wider soundstage thought.

May I know what genre of music do you listen to?

Hope it helps!
Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the reply. For music, I don't really stick to a single genre so I pretty much have favourite songs that fit into most music types from pop to rock to classical if I feel like it to some bass etc.

If it helps I play and watch mostly action games / films. For example if I watch the lord of the rings / batman dark knight or play final fantasy or bioshock, which do you think will sound better and give me a better experience?

What does leak sound mean? I will only be using these at home and not outside so I won't disturb my neighbours if this helps.

Thanks

Aug 22, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #4 of 6
Thanks for the reply. For music, I don't really stick to a single genre so I pretty much have favourite songs that fit into most music types from pop to rock to classical if I feel like it to some bass etc.

If it helps I play and watch mostly action games / films. For example if I watch the lord of the rings / batman dark knight or play final fantasy or bioshock, which do you think will sound better and give me a better experience?

What does leak sound mean? I will only be using these at home and not outside so I won't disturb my neighbours if this helps.

Thanks

Haha sorry bout my English on my last post xD ; leak sound I mean the sound in your headphone and outside will go outside or into it.

To your needs, out of those two, the AH-D600s are better for it have better bass respond! If you wanted something more neutral, AKG K550, or PSB-M4U1 will do as well!

Aug 22, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #5 of 6
I've owned both, 598 is far superior for movies due to the soundstage advantage it has over the D600. In your movie examples (LotR, Batman) the 598 would be able to render the soundtrack much more convincingly. The tilt towards bassiness on the D600 also isn't great for competitive gaming as well. 598 is also more comfortable for wear over long periods of time. This is all IMO, but I'd much prefer the 598.

Aug 22, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #6 of 6
I've owned both, 598 is far superior for movies due to the soundstage advantage it has over the D600. In your movie examples (LotR, Batman) the 598 would be able to render the soundtrack much more convincingly. The tilt towards bassiness on the D600 also isn't great for competitive gaming as well. 598 is also more comfortable for wear over long periods of time. This is all IMO, but I'd much prefer the 598.

I don't find the HD598 good with rocks music or more aggressive music but that's just my opinion xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back