Denon ah D5000 worth 510$ ?
Apr 7, 2012 at 1:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

blacknwhite

New Head-Fier

[size=14.0pt]At first I was thinking of buying an HD 800 or T1 because they are the best of the best in hearing all the little details (or flaws) in music. [/size]
[size=14.0pt]I had no amp/dac system so I went with the k702 because (I find) these can be powered sufficiently from an iPod touch or iPod video, Now I use a rather old Yamaha cdx-e200 system and this is surprisingly good at driving the K702 and I never turn the volume up more than half the way. After listening to them for about 4 months I find these to be somewhat fatiguing and they seem to do nothing but letting me analyse my music, this is good for classic, jazz and some rock (wich I listen to a lot) but I would also want to feel the music ya know.[/size]

[size=14.0pt]For this very reason I’m thinking of the denon ah d5000[/size]
[size=14.0pt]They seem to be a good al-round can and have very good bass[/size]
[size=14.0pt](at least not supper muddy as my previous beats studios)[/size]
[size=14.0pt]They aren’t fatiguing and generally oké with most genres and (very) good with electronic, dance, trance,… that kind of music. They look very stylish (to me at least) and are supposed to isolate well. This may come in handy when I would listen on the street or in a bus, something I totally can’t with the akg’s. [/size]

[size=14.0pt]They have a retail price of 600€ but can now be found on amazon UK for 320£ (+- 380€) (+- 510$)(including shipping costs). I think it’s a good price for the product, but, as always I’m open for suggestions. So if you can find a better deal/better headphone in the same price category, that is awesome to enjoy rather then analyse the music, or have anything to add be my guest.[/size]

[size=14.0pt]thanks[/size]

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #2 of 14
Thats a pretty good price, you actually occasionally can get the 5000 for around $450 here and the  7000 for around $610 dollars. If you can find some in the States with shipping it may be cheaper...

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #3 of 14

Quote:

[size=14.0pt]At first I was thinking of buying an HD 800 or T1 because they are the best of the best in hearing all the little details (or flaws) in music. [/size]
[size=14.0pt]I had no amp/dac system so I went with the k702 because (I find) these can be powered sufficiently from an iPod touch or iPod video, Now I use a rather old Yamaha cdx-e200 system and this is surprisingly good at driving the K702 and I never turn the volume up more than half the way. After listening to them for about 4 months I find these to be somewhat fatiguing and they seem to do nothing but letting me analyse my music, this is good for classic, jazz and some rock (wich I listen to a lot) but I would also want to feel the music ya know.[/size]

[size=14.0pt]For this very reason I’m thinking of the denon ah d5000[/size]
[size=14.0pt]They seem to be a good al-round can and have very good bass[/size]
[size=14.0pt](at least not supper muddy as my previous beats studios)[/size]
[size=14.0pt]They aren’t fatiguing and generally oké with most genres and (very) good with electronic, dance, trance,… that kind of music. They look very stylish (to me at least) and are supposed to isolate well. This may come in handy when I would listen on the street or in a bus, something I totally can’t with the akg’s. [/size]

[size=14.0pt]They have a retail price of 600€ but can now be found on amazon UK for 320£ (+- 380€) (+- 510$)(including shipping costs). I think it’s a good price for the product, but, as always I’m open for suggestions. So if you can find a better deal/better headphone in the same price category, that is awesome to enjoy rather then analyse the music, or have anything to add be my guest.[/size]

[size=14.0pt]thanks[/size]

I have a pair next to me so I just wanted to chime in. First is that they do no isolate well. They are okay but I can still hear my dog chewing on a busy bone 5 feet away from me while I had music on low. I got mine for $384 shipped just this week but I am based in the US.

Apr 7, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #6 of 14
I disagree. One can buy open box/like new Denon D5000s for $389 shipped from Electronics Expo's Amazon Marketplace storefront right now...

Quote:
Thats a pretty good price, you actually occasionally can get the 5000 for around $450 here and the  7000 for around $610 dollars.

Apr 7, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #10 of 14

Quote:
At this moment you can get the open box D5000 for $399.77 and the D7000 for $585.77 from Electronics Expo--both prices before any coupon code discounts and shipping charges.

I verify this as I bought them last week!!

Apr 7, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #11 of 14
As i already said in the deals thread i wasn't successful in buying open box D7000 from EE this week, called customer service yesterday and today morning and was told they are backordered till MIDDLE OF APRIL

Apr 7, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #12 of 14

Quote:
As i already said in the deals thread i wasn't successful in buying open box D7000 from EE this week, called customer service yesterday and today morning and was told they are backordered till MIDDLE OF APRIL

That's only about a week away, but in the end it's up to you.  That said this thread is about the D5000.

Apr 8, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #13 of 14
i own D5000 and really enjoying them over HD650 or HE-400 and really think they a worth $500 but i still want to try D7000 and compare them to D5000 and decide if they are worth that little bit extra difference since i read some people prefer D5000 especially bass

Apr 8, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #14 of 14

Quote:
i own D5000 and really enjoying them over HD650 or HE-400 and really think they a worth $500 but i still want to try D7000 and compare them to D5000 and decide if they are worth that little bit extra difference since i read some people prefer D5000 especially bass

I have both and they are both excellent.  I can't speak for anyone else, but for me the D7000 goes to the next level above the D5000.  Now it's the not same jump you achieve going from a good $100 can to a good $200 can.  I can't think of anything that the D5000 does better.  It may have more bass, but the D7000 bass is tighter, clearer and more accurate.  The D7000 just does everything just a little bit better.  When amped, even with my $169 Hi-Fi Man EF2A Tube USB DAC Headphone Amp, they both open up--but the D7000 opens up more in terms of sound stage, clarity and the ability to hear each musical voice.  That's not to down the D5000, which does all those things, but not quite as much or quite as well.

At retail prices, it would be difficult for me to justify the D7000 over the D5000.  But price difference for me was about $150.  For me it was well worth the step up in price to go with the D7000.  However, everyone has his/her own financial picture.  Everyone has individual musical preferences--in the contexts of what music they prefer and the quality of source of that music.  Reasonable music lovers could certainly opt to keep the $150 (= Grado sr125i, Alessandro MS-1 + boot, or [insert best $150 can or amp here]) and enjoy what the D5000 has to offer--and it is a great deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back