Denon AH-D5000 used one price?
Aug 31, 2008 at 3:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Callas

Head-Fier
Well...I paid about $470 for mine (NEW) and my friend who is spoiled by me
L3000.gif
just found this post on craigslist $380 mint condition (in box). It is in person local transaction. Should I tell him to go for it? (which I kinda already did...) or should I just tell him to get a new pair for pretty decent price on ebay for a new one???

Thanks for your help in advance!

Aug 31, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #2 of 6
I have 4 pairs and that is lower than any price I've paid. That said, I would stick with new; especially given the trouble with the screw holding on the earphones etc.

Aug 31, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #3 of 6
If its a personal transaction I would try to get a quick inspection and possible listening test before buying them. Your friend could even takes yours to compare the two to make sure there isnt any faults. At that price I believe its well worth it.

Aug 31, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #5 of 6
Normally, I would have reservations about something like a HP purchase off of craigslist, but as long as it's an "in person" transaction it is definitely worth going & checking out. It's not like he'd be held responsible for buying them if he didn't like what he saw. It's not a bad price if they are indeed in mint condition. It would also help if the person bought them from an authorized dealer & the manufacturer's warranty transfers.

Only other factor that might exist is maybe the D5000 will come down in price with the upcoming release of the D7000(?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back