Denon AH-D5000 - UK - best place to buy?
Aug 5, 2008 at 10:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

AudioPhewl

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all.

Have emailed Denon to ask where I can purchase these headphones in the UK for a price comparable to that in the States. Over here, they're £500 from most retailers. Some are down to ~£430, but it's still substantially more than over in the States.

I really dislike how, so often, the price in the UK just has the dollar sign removed and replaced with a pound sign. It's horrible... nearly enough to make me walk away from that manufacturer.

Anyone know of any startling deals, that'll retain the Denon warranty?

Thanks!

~Phewl.

Aug 5, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #3 of 9
Would you have a link to them, Mr Shan?
smily_headphones1.gif

That's still a lot more than in the States, unfortunately. Still better than paying £500...
smily_headphones1.gif

~Phewl.

Aug 5, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #5 of 9
Crikey, following that through yields a price of £291, via DHL...

Am I disgusted enough about Denons standard pricing to put me off buying them at that price? Not a chance!
smily_headphones1.gif

Any idea whether Denon would honour the warranty when purchased via that site?

Cheers!

~Phewl

Aug 5, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #6 of 9
I doubt it since it would probably have to be serviced via Denon Japan.

Aug 6, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #7 of 9
Bear in mind that if you import to the UK, you may well end up paying various customs duties. This has been my recent experience. However, I think PriceJapan are willing to mark the package as being worth less than its value if you ask them. Not sure what happens if the package goes AWOL and you need to file an insurance claim for full value though....

Aug 7, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #8 of 9
What's the problem with just buying them from North America (from someone on these forums, if you're looking for a good price) and having them shipped? I imagine that even with duties it would work out much cheaper than that.

Aug 7, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #9 of 9
Denon USA replied within the hour, informing me that my questions would have to be directed to the UK office. After 2 days, I've heard nothing back.

Wish they had the same policies in the UK as the US...
smily_headphones1.gif

~Phewl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back