Denon ah-d5000 Ringing Noise
Feb 22, 2019 at 10:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cultmethod

New Head-Fier
I'm really hoping that this issue is easily fixable - I've had the same problem now with two separate purchases of these headphones. I'm an EDM producer and the d5000's are ideal for me when it comes to mixing as they have very detailed bass reproduction and a fantastic soundstage. But this issue is driving me insane.

Anyway, the problem I'm having is that the actual cups of the headphones are resonating and creating a "ringing" noise under certain circumstances during listening. For instance, it happens a lot if I am auditioning single kick drums. I can also hear the exact same ringing noise if I just tap the outside wooden cups with my fingernails.

I've found that the ringing gets really exaggerated when whatever I'm auditioning has a lot of ~1000hz content. I can upload some sounds that reproduce the issue if anyone else with d5000's want to test themselves.

That's basically it. I don't know enough about the construction of the headphones to diagnose what may be causing this, and I'm kind of scared to dig around the internals of the cans in the case I break something. I'm wondering if maybe something in the ear cups themselves needs to be tightened? I don't really know.

ANY help would be huge! I love these headphones and don't want to have to switch to another pair.

Thanks so much for any advice.

Sep 26, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #2 of 3
Bump!
I've got the same problem. The ringing is not noticable when sound is playing, but as soon as the sound stops you can hear a faint ringing for half a second.
I also love these headphones but I'm starting to get a little annoyed by this.
Has anyone with the same problem been able to find a fix for this?

Sep 26, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #3 of 3
Pull the pads off.
You will see many small screws around the metal frame which hold the driver cup.
Check for tightness of these screws.
But carfull! Do not overtighten or it will strip.

There are also four wood screws under this metal which keep the cup & baffle closed together, but I have doubt it would be those...

Actually it would be wise to check those, but you would have to unscrew all the tiny silver screws on the metal first, and be careful they easy to loose or fall..

Anyways, that's my take/suggestion on the issue, that it is the screws.

Edit**
One last thing it could be, is at the hinges that grab the cup.
Inside, once you unscrew the small screws around the metal , you can see inside the hinges have a plastic. If that plastic is worn or gone, the swivel will creak.
The point is, anything loose can be the culprit, and those areas mentioned are the possible sources.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back