Denon AH-D5000 - $381
Jul 22, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
denon's (d2000 and d5000) are gone from provantage's page. i wonder what happened.

Yeah all Denon products are gone, I was just searching as well!

Jul 22, 2008 at 4:18 AM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by richierich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah all Denon products are gone, I was just searching as well!

I'm guessing they've gotten so many orders that they had to take it down so that they don't end up with a million (yes exaggeration) people angry that they won't be able to fulfill them for that price. I've seen it a ton of times, company lists product for considerably low price, it gets spammed on deal forums and other places (where some people basically will buy tens of them at a time to resell on eBay). Mob forms, people get angry, threaten legal action, slowly things die off as the company tries to appease the small number of people that it reasonably can.

Sure the ~$400 price seems high for a lot of people to order, but you'd be surprised. I've seen instances of video cards end the same way (MSRP is $599 or something, gets listed for $400 to bring people to the site, they forget to stop allowing people to order it at the reduced price, chaos ensues). That's on video cards that will drop to that price or lower likely within 6 months. Headphones don't tend to depreciate that quickly.

Jul 22, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #19 of 26
Yeah but they had so many other cheaper denon headphones that said were available/in stock. The D100xs were cheap @ $80 and they had more than 50 of the 1001s and over 100 of the 1000s and poof every denon product gone (IEM/Buds too)! I wonder if Denon is taking action against them for undercutting the competition so much.

Jul 22, 2008 at 4:50 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by richierich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah but they had so many other cheaper denon headphones that said were available/in stock. The D100xs were cheap @ $80 and they had more than 50 of the 1001s and over 100 of the 1000s and poof every denon product gone (IEM/Buds too)! I wonder if Denon is taking action against them for undercutting the competition so much.

Could be, or might have just been simpler for them to just remove everything Denon on the site, remove the product or two that was causing the mass orders and then put the rest back. Guess we'll just have to find out. Wouldn't surprise me if Denon caught wind and decided to give them a warning or yank their "license" over it.

Jul 22, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #21 of 26
Provantage wasn't an Authorized Denon E-Tailer, so that might have something to do with it. If they cancel my purchase(D2000) after over 3 weeks of waiting, I'm going to be pissed.

Jul 22, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #24 of 26
Anyone else got an order update like mine from Provantage?

Your order has been placed with one of our suppliers who will ship it directly to you.

The supplier has not provided us with a firm shipping date.

Note: Your order has been forwarded to a regional warehouse for processing. We will issue an invoice once we have confirmation.

Qty Product Status
1 AH-D2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphones Awaiting confirmation by regional warehouse.

Jul 22, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolchu001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone else got an order update like mine from Provantage?

Your order has been placed with one of our suppliers who will ship it directly to you.

The supplier has not provided us with a firm shipping date.

Note: Your order has been forwarded to a regional warehouse for processing. We will issue an invoice once we have confirmation.

Qty Product Status
1 AH-D2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphones Awaiting confirmation by regional warehouse.

Yes. And I cancelled my order a few days ago, too. Provantage wrote back saying that they would cancel the order, but only after it had been confirmed (and it hasn't been confirmed yet). : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back