Denon AH-D2000 ... just received... Few problems?
Jan 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #16 of 22
I'm just gonna try to swap the headphones out first since the last ones worked fine and I don't think its the card at all since the last ones worked I guess. 

Plus, the packaging was pretty terrible for a $350 pair of headphones anyway. The box is dented.

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #17 of 22

Quote:
I'm just gonna try to swap the headphones out first since the last ones worked fine and I don't think its the card at all since the last ones worked I guess. 

Plus, the packaging was pretty terrible for a $350 pair of headphones anyway. The box is dented.

If your headphones only exhibited problems with a particular setup, it's probably not the headphones. I'd not blame the card, either, since the M50's worked. I'd blame your adapter. A cheap adapter can ruin your setup - They're pretty affordable, so spend the extra 10-20 dollars to get a good one.

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #18 of 22
I'll get a decent adapter from RadioShack tomorrow (obviously not a threaded one) just to test and see if that fixes the problem. If it does I probably will just order a quality adapter.

Jan 28, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #20 of 22
Ok... so it was definitely the adapter. I am using a $6 adapter from RadioShack and it is working just fine.

But... I am definitely going to ask for a replacement. There is no sense in paying this much and not having everything working out of the box... plus the box was dented so that will hurt resale value I would think.

Jan 28, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #21 of 22
Ok, so give us your thoughts on the D2000 now that it's working properly. :D

Jan 28, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #22 of 22
Well, I have definitely learned that audio is much more subjective than video.

While I was at RadioShack, I picked up some full size headphones in their brand, which were $30. I did because it had the adapter in them and I thought I could kill two birds with one stone by testing the headphones to see if they worked if the included 1/4 adapter didn't.

You guys will laugh but at first I didn't notice much difference between the RS and the Denon's. I then switched back and forth and started to notice much more of a difference. This just proved to me that what you have at the time is better than anything else out there. I noticed there was less extra noise and that the mids were much more clear as well as the voices. The bass is also much more smooth deep comparably. All I am saying is the two sounded similar while the Denon's are certainly far superior.

As far as the 2000's vs the M50's... meh... not a huge difference with music listening. Everything does sound more smooth and refined though. What I really switched for was the comfort. These things are DAMN comfortable. This justifies the price alone. The headband clamps very light in comparison to the M50, almost unnoticeable. The cups cover the ears perfectly, and they are very lightweight.

Overall I am very satisfied. I can't notice a huge difference in gaming because I only play one game and it isn't the best game for testing (BF3 - lots of noises and distractions).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back