Denon AH-D2000 in the house
Jun 12, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #931 of 933
these cans really have a lot of potential IMO; mine are modded, woodied and recabled and out of my Lisa III fed by D10 the sound is really amazing. the tasmanian blackwood cups are superb and really open up the soundstage. so yeah the D2000 is a really great set of headphones that can grow with you. they are well driven out of portable amps and actually have reasonable isolation (not so much since the woodies) they are quite large now though, so I only really use them portable when i'm going on a bus trip or a short morning walk to the shops.

Jun 13, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #932 of 933
I'm not sure how powerful the amp in the EMU404 is... but in my experience with the Denon's, the more current the amp can provide the better.

Out of my ipod headphone output the sound is ok, not not stellar. Out of my Xin Supermini things tighten up a lot and the sound is much better. Out of my Cantate the bass tightens up even more and there is very little flab to my ears. The rest of the sound spectrum also smooths out a lot.

So they will probably sound decent out of the EMU, but not to their full potential is my guess.

Good luck
Paul

Mar 3, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #933 of 933
I've owned the D2000's for a year now and I can highly recommend them for home listening. They do leak a lot though.... And an amp is Highly recommended! I'm using a HR MicroAmp and it made a huge difference....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back