Denon AH-D2000 First impresssion
Mar 15, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by as.we.proceed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
either one will be better than onboard sound.

Not if the onboard sound is HD Audio, 7.1 channel sound with optical out (on some models). Seriously good/acceptable.

Mar 15, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gensou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a small question. My friend is offering me his old sound card for $10.

It's a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy X-Fi (PCI). Is it worth it to spend $10 on it and will I notice any improvement over my onboard 7.1 Channel, Azalia (HD Audio) ?
Thank you.

i highlighted the section in bold.. u can click on the arrow button to go to it.

Mar 15, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by as.we.proceed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you speak from experience or from reading threads hyping the xonar?

the hype mostly, but i've heard the xonar dx, and if it's like an amped xonar dx, then it sounds like a win to me.

I plan on buying one once there's a free shipping promo at NCIX.

you disagree that it's the best bang/buck?

Mar 15, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i highlighted the section in bold.. u can click on the arrow button to go to it.

exactly

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the hype mostly, but i've heard the xonar dx, and if it's like an amped xonar dx, then it sounds like a win to me.

I plan on buying one once there's a free shipping promo at NCIX.

you disagree that it's the best bang/buck?

could be. i dont like commenting on things without hearing it for myself first. different people hear different things listening to the same thing.

wink.gif

Mar 15, 2009 at 12:36 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, I have the Evga 680i sli motherboard and it comes with onboard 7.1 Channel, Azalia (HD Audio).

My question was..is it an upgrade or downgrade to switch to Creative Soundblaster audigy x-fi pci interface ( it has optical outs..i think ) my motherboard does not have any optical ports. If it is an upgrade then how noticable will it be?

Mar 15, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #24 of 24
Is it an Audigy or X-Fi.
X-Fi would be a bigger upgrade to the onboard HD Audio than the Audigy would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back