Denon AH-D2000 + E10, E11 or other?
Jan 7, 2012 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Kayzo

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I've set my sights on getting the Denon AH-D2000, and am looking for portable amp suggestions.

I've researched pretty thoroughly and haven't come up with a solid choice.

Since I don't need a DAC, I've been looking at the E11, but the E10 looks nice and can still be used with my s:flo2.

So Head-fi, I turn to you. Anyone with any impressions using either the E11 or E10 with the D2000, or anyone that has tried them with an amp that made them just amazing?

My budget is $200 CAD, and I mostly listen to Korean Pop and Alternative Rock.

Thanks!

Jan 9, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #4 of 8
My AHD2000's are on the way from JR... hoping someone will chime in even though I think I have my heart set on preordering a Fiio E17. I'm hoping to use it for a variety of devices including my old MEE A151 earbuds, new Atrio M5 earbuds, and my old cans ATH-M50's (the sick part is I've ordered all this stuff in the past 60 days... including my "old" ones)

Jan 11, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #5 of 8
I have the D2000's and I love my Digizoid ZO2 (2.3) and it does a great job powering the headphones and giving the bass levels that I like for electronic music. I don't know much about Korean Pop and the type of mids, highs and lows that it demands, but if the digizoid product is something that sounds appealing to you, it is absolutely wonderful for my uses. The smartVektor technology really does make the music sound great with the bass boost turned down, and just continues as you change the bass boost to what you want. 

Other than that, I have tried out my FiiO E6 with the headphones and it does add to the overall enjoyment of the headphones. the 50mm driver in them definitely benefit from getting more juice to them. 

Anyone else have any other suggestions? I would love to hear from others as well.

EDIT: also, you may want to check out the iBasso line of products as they have one or two amps (i believe only 1 or 2) that are in your price range and I've heard they make some good products, would love to find out more actually.

Jan 14, 2012 at 4:48 AM Post #7 of 8
You are sure you don't need a DAC right? Some people don't realize that they might
Are you going for mainly portability or desktop or just both or whatever.

The E11 is known to be one of the best sounding amps by FiiO. There are reviews on iBasso D-Zero's and what not on HeadFonia but Mike the reviewer likes mids better and so he liked the E10 he compared it too

http://www.headfonia.com/fiio-e7-meet-your-rival-the-ibasso-d-zero/
http://www.head-fi.org/t/586918/ibasso-d-zero-vs-e7-vs-e10
http://www.headfonia.com/the-latest-must-have-the-fiio-e10-usb-dacamp/

basically the E10 beats the E7 and D-Zero in sound and the E11 beats the E10 in overal sound. The others have more features to them, but since u mentioned and am willing to get an E11, i'm betting u just need the amp right?

The ZO2 was also a good choice i was looking at. Up to you i guess.
"There have been many questions asked about the Digizoid Zo vs <insert a portable amplifier here>, and the fact is that it’s hard for me to make that comparison. If I was talking about two portable amps, I can make comments about one being dark, having wider soundstage, more bass, etc. But the selling point of the Zo, I believe is the SoundVektor and the adjustable contours, both of which are not available in any portable amps I know. The SoundVektor works and so is the adjustable contours.
On the other hand, if I was talking purely amplifier performance, surely something like the Alpen is simply better. You get better detail level, more frequency extension top and bottom, better articulation, better soundstage width/depth/image and so on. But then I can only make that comparison based on the amplifier performance, not Z02 vs Alpen as complete products."

That was the ZO2 versus the E17 which is extremely similar(through Mike and ClieOS's review) to the E11. so yeah. The PA2V2 is also a challenger but from my research(i was thinking of getting it) the bass isn't as tight as the E11 or FiiO products

Jan 15, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #8 of 8
Thanks! Yeah, I was thinking of using my s:flo2 as a source, but now that you mention it, a DAC wouldn't be a bad idea ... :|

The E10 also has a DAC no?

Quote:
You are sure you don't need a DAC right? Some people don't realize that they might
Are you going for mainly portability or desktop or just both or whatever.

The E11 is known to be one of the best sounding amps by FiiO. There are reviews on iBasso D-Zero's and what not on HeadFonia but Mike the reviewer likes mids better and so he liked the E10 he compared it too

http://www.headfonia.com/fiio-e7-meet-your-rival-the-ibasso-d-zero/
http://www.head-fi.org/t/586918/ibasso-d-zero-vs-e7-vs-e10
http://www.headfonia.com/the-latest-must-have-the-fiio-e10-usb-dacamp/

basically the E10 beats the E7 and D-Zero in sound and the E11 beats the E10 in overal sound. The others have more features to them, but since u mentioned and am willing to get an E11, i'm betting u just need the amp right?

The ZO2 was also a good choice i was looking at. Up to you i guess.
"There have been many questions asked about the Digizoid Zo vs <insert a portable amplifier here>, and the fact is that it’s hard for me to make that comparison. If I was talking about two portable amps, I can make comments about one being dark, having wider soundstage, more bass, etc. But the selling point of the Zo, I believe is the SoundVektor and the adjustable contours, both of which are not available in any portable amps I know. The SoundVektor works and so is the adjustable contours.
On the other hand, if I was talking purely amplifier performance, surely something like the Alpen is simply better. You get better detail level, more frequency extension top and bottom, better articulation, better soundstage width/depth/image and so on. But then I can only make that comparison based on the amplifier performance, not Z02 vs Alpen as complete products."

That was the ZO2 versus the E17 which is extremely similar(through Mike and ClieOS's review) to the E11. so yeah. The PA2V2 is also a challenger but from my research(i was thinking of getting it) the bass isn't as tight as the E11 or FiiO products

Users who are viewing this thread

Back