Denon AH-D1001...OMG
Aug 26, 2008 at 12:17 PM Post #31 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long has it been? So far, I've gotten my stuff within a week, even with a weekend thrown in. I've bought from hifionline twice now.

Ordered and paid for on Thursday. Today's Wednesday. Considering it's from Auckland and it's a small package, a bit slow on the delivery front.

Aug 26, 2008 at 12:19 PM Post #32 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm being manipulated by a 15-year-old...me, a psychology major! Oh, the humanity! *must not buy...*

So, where are these cans to be bought in NZ?

Edit (after seeing fraseyboy's review): Dude, these aren't the prettiest cans in the world. The pretty waitress is not going to stop and chat...

Haha, they're huge so I think the waitress would be giving you weird looks instead :p Not very portable the AD700's
wink.gif

Aug 26, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #33 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by GravityEyelids /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just ordered these and got an email today saying they shipped. Ordered from buy.com for only $76 (inc. free ship and 5% off coup)
tongue_smile.gif
can't wait to hear these babies. Hopefully theyll arrive before i get wisdom teeth pulled so i can chill with these and hopefully vicoden...

Looking for some cans to replace my AKG K26P's for office use, came across these at Buy.com for 76 bucks. Searched here and found this thread. Just might have to get these.

Aug 26, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #34 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by ndskyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking for some cans to replace my AKG K26P's for office use, came across these at Buy.com for 76 bucks. Searched here and found this thread. Just might have to get these.

Oh I believe you'll find the D1001s to be far better sounding than the K26Ps. More comfortable too.

Aug 26, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #35 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMCIII /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh I believe you'll find the D1001s to be far better sounding than the K26Ps. More comfortable too.

I dont doubt they will be more comfortable, thats the main reason Im replacing them. As far as SQ Im in the minority when it comes to the K26P's Mine actually sound good (for what they are) My wife has a pair that doesnt have nearly the number of hours as mine, and they sound...well like crap. At any rate. Im not looking for the greatest SQ headphone. (As I have AKG 701's and Ultrasone Proline 750's to fill that void) Just something to wear at work. I ordered a pair of the D1001's should have them by the end of the week. I will however take up the challenge of comparing the 1001's to my 701's as another poster said in another thread that the D1001's were as good as the 701's....

Aug 26, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #36 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ordered and paid for on Thursday. Today's Wednesday. Considering it's from Auckland and it's a small package, a bit slow on the delivery front.

Oh yea, we won the same day. That's weird...it's not taken more than 6 days so far. Hopefully you'll get it today (Wed.), it being the 6th day.

Aug 26, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #37 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by ndskyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont doubt they will be more comfortable, thats the main reason Im replacing them. As far as SQ Im in the minority when it comes to the K26P's Mine actually sound good (for what they are) My wife has a pair that doesnt have nearly the number of hours as mine, and they sound...well like crap. At any rate. Im not looking for the greatest SQ headphone. (As I have AKG 701's and Ultrasone Proline 750's to fill that void) Just something to wear at work. I ordered a pair of the D1001's should have them by the end of the week. I will however take up the challenge of comparing the 1001's to my 701's as another poster said in another thread that the D1001's were as good as the 701's....

Be my guest, but you'll be wasting your time. (I know, it'll only take about five minutes, but still .......) The K701s smoke the D1001s in sound quality. But, if you're using the horses for courses method, then the D1001s do have their uses - that is, can be used in ways/places that the K701s would be totally out of place. Plus the price of admission is right.

Aug 26, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #40 of 140
Can anyone comment on ear fatigue of getting sweaty ears?
I'm looking for a headphone I can wear for extended periods of time.

Aug 26, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #41 of 140
Hmm...I'm tempted to say "both", but I get the feeling you think they're opposites. The leather is thin, soft and supple. The foam underneath is a bit springy, but not like a firm pillow. Does this help? I once described the feeling as...actually, I think my description would be censored. So nevermind.

Aug 27, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #42 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone comment on ear fatigue of getting sweaty ears?
I'm looking for a headphone I can wear for extended periods of time.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like if there's one certainty about the 1001s, it's that they're uber-comfy. I think that entails no ear fatigue, but I could be wrong. Anyway, Ive been wearing these all day for the last 2 days (read: about 6 hours. Not 72. Heh.) and at the end of the 6 hours, I still hardly feel them. Also, I'm in a heated room and my ears don't get too hot or sweaty.

Aug 27, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #43 of 140
You still do get sweaty with these pleather earpads, but the real source of discomfort is always the fact that headphones clamp on my head. But the Denons are better than most for that....the only headphones I liked better for comfort were the Sony eggos.

But yeah, these are very comfortable

Aug 27, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #44 of 140
We should do a Denon 1001 v. Eggo v. AD700 (fraseyboy raves about their comfyness) comfy-can comparison.

Maybe my ears just aren't that sweaty, but I can keep these on for 6 hours in a heated room. Yay me.

Also, my Fiio amp came today...

Aug 27, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #45 of 140
Update:

No Fiio amp for my 1001s. Most of the time it makes no appreciable difference, but sometimes it makes things worse.

Also, one annoying thing about the Denons. It relly brings out the flaws of an audio file or recording. It's much easier to tell the difference between badly recorded or encoded files with these than my other cans. I guess it's a good thing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back