denon ah d 700?
Oct 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

zwitt

New Head-Fier
im looking a nuetral but natural sounding close back headphone. ive heard the denon ah d700 are a little too sparkly and too bassey which would be great for techno music but i dont only listen to techno which is why i want something nuetral for rock and country. i ve also heard that they dont do a good job of isolating which will cause me a problem as i wont be alone in my room most of the time. if you have any suggestions please let me know, thanks.

Oct 27, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #2 of 6
If you're talking about the D7000, they do well with all genres. Also I don't think you would want something neutral for rock, since a lot of rock fans love Grado cans which are quite colored to begin with. 

Oct 27, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #3 of 6
Indeed Denon headphones are not perfectly suited for rock music or fast paced songs, 

Op, whats your price range, and where are you plugging your headphones? 

Oct 27, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #4 of 6
"If you're talking about the D7000, they do well with all genres. Also I don't think you would want something neutral for rock, since a lot of rock fans love Grado cans which are quite colored to begin with"
while rock and techno are probably the main genre i listen to i also love alot of old country and want something that would bring it justice 

Oct 27, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
If you're talking about the D7000, they do well with all genres. Also I don't think you would want something neutral for rock, since a lot of rock fans love Grado cans which are quite colored to begin with. 

while rock and tecnho would be the main genre i listen to i love old country and want something that will bring it justic.

Oct 27, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Indeed Denon headphones are not perfectly suited for rock music or fast paced songs, 

Op, whats your price range, and where are you plugging your headphones? 

i would be listening to them mostly at home, but i live in an rv currently and need a portable amp. i will be using my zune hd or my iphone 5 for a source. isolation is not much of a deciding factor, like i said in the original post, though the tv will be on while i listen i will only be living in the rv for a few months then i can listen in my room quietly . as far as price range the 7000 would be my max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back