Denon AH-C551 - poor noise isolation?
Mar 9, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadHazard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, they look about the same. But you're using the medium size, right? If you're using the small ones, like me, the C700s must be much smaller (in width) than the C551s. But they both use 11mm diapragms, so they should have about the same circumference?

They do have the same circumference. My other half has the C551s and he's using the medium Sony tips on those. But they were my phones to begin with (and he 'pinched' them) and I used the medium tips on those too.

I think the only difference is in the actual length of the housing. The C700s taper off slightly towards the end - but the nozzle sizes are identical. If you look at your picture and study the top of the housing, it's the same as the C700s.

I can't check for sure as other half is away till Wednesday and has taken them with him - but I can check when he gets back. But honestly, they're the same
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #17 of 21
Snagged these at walmart and swapped the tips out to the c551. Absolutely amazing difference from both the sony tips (i have those too) and the stocks. The bass is thumping really hard now, and the isolation is incredible. If you have these (or the c700 I suppose) and you cant get a good seal, try these. $20 at walmart.

Koss Stereophone Earbuds, Blue, KEB/24

0002129915901_500X500.jpg

Apr 4, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #18 of 21
Thanks for the tip (very much pun intended)!

Right now I'm using the tips from the Sony MDR-EX082 (which I got with my NWZ-A818), and they work really well. I can actually use the medium tips without any problems, which hasn't worked with any other tips I've tried (mediums have always been too large).

I might give the Koss tips a try though, if they're as good as you say. BTW, you can buy just the tips for $5, without having to pay for the crappy (I assume) phones, right from Koss' website:
:: KOSS :: Welcome

Apr 4, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #19 of 21
The problem with other tips (Denon, EP630, CX300, JBL, etc...) are they are too soft. Sometimes when take off my C700 the dome thingy (the one goes into the ear) got sucked in same like an umbrella got whoops by wind lol xD. With Sony tips, they never ever do that and they seem to be firmer (thicker) in that dome thingy.

Apr 4, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #20 of 21
I actually think that the Sony tip from my Cell phone W810i doesn't fit as good as the Denon C700. The Sony tip is softer, and more slippery (as if there the surface of the tip is coated with powder). Thus, the phones often slip off my ear very easily. The Denon C700 tip works just fine for me. I don't know if Sony tip from W810i is actually the same as the one from EX71.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back