Denon AH-C351 or Sony MDR-EX76? (for my wife)
Jul 2, 2009 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

os2k

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking to purchase IEM's for my wife for running. She is currently using my JBL220's, but the cable is too long, there is a lot of cable microphonics due to the fabric wrap, and they are not white
confused.gif
Her source is a first generation shuffle that she wears on her arm (hence the need for a short cable). She listens to a variety of music from Arcade Fire to Beastie Boys.

Here are the list of requirements:

1. Good fit with small ears
2. Short Cable
3. White (the Sony's are not available in white yet)
4. No - low microphonics
5. Price - under $50

I like the Denon's (fwir) but the added benefit of getting her the Sony's is that I'll end up with some hybrid tips to play with
normal_smile .gif

I have looked at the CX400, but couldn't find them in white.

I am looking for an opinion from actual users of either or both IEM's, as well as recommendations for anything out there I might have missed.

Thanks!!!

Jul 2, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #2 of 5
I have never tried the Sonys, but I do own the Denon C351. To my ears they have a very balanced sound, not too bassy, although they're only modestly detailed. The midrange is very nice for the price, however.

I'm not sure about the fit in smaller ears, but the size of the housing is very similar to the JBLs. Microphonics seem to be better, but I should point out that these have asymmetrical cables.

All in all, I highly recommend them at the current eBay price. At around $20, I feel they present an excellent value.

Jul 8, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the input!

kjk1281 - The ebay price is great, but I might want to stick with an authorized dealer. B&H has the Denon's for $30 shipped.

backtoreality15 - The ones you recommended do not offer the short cord + extension, but they are a good option.

chineskiwi - they don't have to be white, but if we are buying her new ones, she prefers white as well as a short cord + extension which the nuforce don't offer. She is laready wearing them over-the-ear, and it does seem to help with microphonics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back