Denon AH-C300 Urban Raver Impressions
Jul 20, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #136 of 144

What kind of sound signature are your ears asking for?

Hard to say as I am still trying to figure out what's what. I have liked every headphone I ever had. When I bought them, my CL400, S4's, MH1C, Monster Turbines, Monster Gold Pros were all the best ear-buds in the world to me. Now that I got the UE600's, V-Moda Crossfade M80, Amperiors, I know there he a whole other world out there. Out of the V-Moda and Amperior, I lean slightly to the M80 cause of that snappy bass. Other times I lean to the Amperiors. I really feel like just buying the  AH-C300's just so I can have an experience with a bass heavy earbud. However, $80 is $80 and is alot of $$ when you already have phones that are "good enough" for the time being.

Aug 11, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #137 of 144
  Hey guys, here is another frequency response graph.  The previous one is the "measured frequency response."  This one is the "perceived frequency response."

669fa8a73f98a5a4722098f34ce68e16.png

This is exactly how they sound to my ears.  I will only analyze the high frequencies at this time.  I will get to the mid and low frequencies later.

Highs are not good on the AH-C300, as presented in this graph.  There is a peak of sharp/piercing treble at 5kHz.  Eugguy was right when he wrote that the AH-C300 had sharp treble for his ears.  They do so, for my ears, too.  Also, they should have a peak around 10kHz reaching to 5dB or higher.  That is where the sweet treble is.   All this means, that without equalization, the treble is sharp and dry (not sweet).  That is awful.  Fortunately, the AH-C300 are quite responsive to equalization.  Just putting the 3kHz to 4kHz sliders (depending on the recording) to -2 dB and the 5kHz slider to -3 or -4dB (depending on the recording) and raising the sliders at and above 7kHz in an upward slope starting at about +4 to +6dB (depending on the recording), going through about +10 to +12 dB for 10kHz (depending on the recording) and a little above that for the higher frequencies sliders, the treble becomes a very good treble with very little or no sharpness and good sweetness (sssshhh).

I was wary of Eugguy's post about the sharp treble.  My experience with headphones is that when someone makes a negative comment, even if it disagrees with a vast majority of the impressions, I end up finding out that my ears perceive the flaw, just like the out of order negative commenter/reviewer did.  It has always happened and the AH-C300 are not the exception.  I am so glad that this flaw could be fixed with equalization.  WOW, the highs sound very good with the track that I am listening to while I type!

I wished portable players had 30+ frequency equalizers.  I am stuck to listening in my computer, because that is the only place where I can have a lot of frequencies to equalize.  I have 45 bands, using foobar2000.  But, I am thankful for having that.  So, no complaints here.

I will comment on the mids and lows later.

Buddy,  your comment are useful. The voices are more forward after setting eq on the highs.
beerchug.gif

Looking forward to your analysis on mids and lows.

Jan 24, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #138 of 144
I really wanted to like these headphones. Purchased them from ebay at $100 which is less than half the $250 retail so I thought I was getting a good deal. The headphones are simply too large for in ear. It is obvious why the manufacturer has discontinued the model. The sound quality is good and bass is rich as others mention, but the fit of the headphones is not secure enough to go mobile with them without losing some of the seal or falling out. I tried all sizes of eartips and complys but for this particular model the terrible fit and bulky size simply outweighs the bass or sound quality. A terrible set and a rip off. 0/10.

Jan 24, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #139 of 144
I really wanted to like these headphones. Purchased them from ebay at $100 which is less than half the $250 retail so I thought I was getting a good deal. The headphones are simply too large for in ear. It is obvious why the manufacturer has discontinued the model. The sound quality is good and bass is rich as others mention, but the fit of the headphones is not secure enough to go mobile with them without losing some of the seal or falling out. I tried all sizes of eartips and complys but for this particular model the terrible fit and bulky size simply outweighs the bass or sound quality. A terrible set and a rip off. 0/10.

I had a seal issue too until I took the support out. Now the seal is great. I go to the gym with these frequently and have zero issues with them. They are easier to pull out due to the bulk of dual woofers but otherwise they are fine. Don't make it sound like your opinion is anything other than just that.

Jan 24, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #140 of 144
I had a seal issue too until I took the support out. Now the seal is great. I go to the gym with these frequently and have zero issues with them. They are easier to pull out due to the bulk of dual woofers but otherwise they are fine. Don't make it sound like your opinion is anything other than just that.

I insert mine right side up, push them in while giving them a half twist so they are upside down and they seal perfect. Wonderful earbuds.

Sep 2, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #141 of 144
where can i buy one?

Oct 10, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #143 of 144
amazon but expensive right now about 100 euro may be with some discount but about that. im currently looking into this and aurisonics kicker. i have denon d400 and i got to say its the best sounding bass headphone ao far. it works fine with smsl sap-5 bass amp and cozoy aegis makes it sound even better. this setup is way better than sony xb90ex, everyong is saying good things about them but d400 is way better, much more detail amd cheaper. so i am interested in c300 301and this one does not need an amp. the only bass that actually aound right ia d400 with bass amp and kz x6 bass earphone. pioneer cx8, xb90, jvc fx3x didnt like them at all, liked them for a while then didnt like them. but denon d400 is good for bass. its internal bass amp isnt good at all. and it broke as well. but i use my own bass amp, sounds better.

just to clarify c300 301 dont need a bass amp? im waiting for price to go down, im pretty happy with d400 with bass amp and kz x6 so, also need to sell other gear i dont use first. so may be prices will go down. cheers

Nov 9, 2015 at 5:57 AM Post #144 of 144
amazon but expensive right now about 100 euro may be with some discount but about that. im currently looking into this and aurisonics kicker. i have denon d400 and i got to say its the best sounding bass headphone ao far. it works fine with smsl sap-5 bass amp and cozoy aegis makes it sound even better. this setup is way better than sony xb90ex, everyong is saying good things about them but d400 is way better, much more detail amd cheaper. so i am interested in c300 301and this one does not need an amp. the only bass that actually aound right ia d400 with bass amp and kz x6 bass earphone. pioneer cx8, xb90, jvc fx3x didnt like them at all, liked them for a while then didnt like them. but denon d400 is good for bass. its internal bass amp isnt good at all. and it broke as well. but i use my own bass amp, sounds better.

just to clarify c300 301 dont need a bass amp? im waiting for price to go down, im pretty happy with d400 with bass amp and kz x6 so, also need to sell other gear i dont use first. so may be prices will go down. cheers

Use with Comply T-500 for better Bass, comfort and tight fit. I am on my 2nd set as comply tips easily wear with the use. You can expect for atleast 8-10 months with regular use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back