Denon AH-C300 Urban Raver Impressions
Feb 27, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #121 of 144

They seem durable to me in all aspects.  However, you can judge by people's reviews.  If you don't find many people complaining about durability, then that is an experience that should be accounted for.  Tell me what you like about the XB90EX and what you don't like, so that I can give you an idea about what to expect out of the AH-C300

beside xb90 having great mids, the bass reaches deep, deepest i heard. im not expecting denon to compete directly but i know sony are not the most refined so its hard to know where the denon stand.

..most refined in what?

Apr 19, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #123 of 144
  not the best separation and clarity/highs. smooth and easy listening but you can hear a huge difference in separation moving to the xba30

Competition might be hard to define here, AFAIK if the XB90EX sound somewhat similar to its big brothers XB400/600/900/1000 (I only own the 600, had great moment with them due to awesome seal and comfort) you will be very surprised to hear the Denons. 

You can't go wrong anyway! :wink: 

A bit more exotic, has a,nybody tried to compare Xears N3 to C300 or other bass heavy IEMs? 

Apr 19, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #124 of 144
I have the xba 400s and they do move a lot of air, a hell of a lot more than the xba 300s, they compare well against the c300s but the treble is more pronounced on the c300s, so its a close call. I do really like the xba 400s, they are smaller, but the Denon c300s compare well with them. Both move a lot of air, which is nice.

May 21, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #127 of 144
  Guys thanks for your discussion, very informative !

How would you compare these to Denon AH-C400 ?

unfortunately i haven't listened to the c400's but from what i've read the c300's are much more bassy/colored while the c400's are flat and neutral. 

May 21, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #128 of 144
  unfortunately i haven't listened to the c400's but from what i've read the c300's are much more bassy/colored while the c400's are flat and neutral. 

Pretty much this. The 300's are for base-heads. But the 400s are clear and balanced. The base does settle after a few hundred hours in the 400s and packs a bit more punch after that.
I love them both. The sony xba 40s are a nice middle ground between the two if you have the right gear, they sound really well with a cowon or sansa.

May 21, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #129 of 144
Can't decide which ones to get !
From reviews, C300 seems to be great, C400 are clearly less popular.

Do they both fall in same overall quality level, just different signatures ? (bass oriented vs clear)

Jul 15, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #131 of 144
Just a quick question. I recently purchased a pair of these and found them quiet and lackluster, turns out whenever i hold the side button in, I get full rich sound, but when i release, it acts like i'm taking a call or something. Anybody familiar with this problem or might know what's causing it? It's plugged into a dedicated headphone amp and not an iphone/android device. I've searched for a denon technical support number/email but can't seem to find any.

Jul 15, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #132 of 144
  Just a quick question. I recently purchased a pair of these and found them quiet and lackluster, turns out whenever i hold the side button in, I get full rich sound, but when i release, it acts like i'm taking a call or something. Anybody familiar with this problem or might know what's causing it? It's plugged into a dedicated headphone amp and not an iphone/android device. I've searched for a denon technical support number/email but can't seem to find any.

I have seen some miced phones to "cut out" or something when positioned a certain way. Sometimes because of the mic the sound will get hallow unless the button is presses, but what can help is spinning the audio plug around... see if that works

Jul 19, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #134 of 144
How much of an upgrade are these over the UE600's? I don't want to make the same mistake twice. "Upgraded" my UE600's to the Monster Turbine Gold Pros. Returned the Gold Pros because they fell apart twice and weren't much, if any, better. The AH-C300's can be found for like $80 now. Will I say "WOW" coming from the UE600's, or I am gonna go "MEH" like I did with the Gold Pros?

I listen to classic rock if that helps. Audiophile wanna-be with mediocre knowledge at best (but don't tell my nieces and nephews as they think I know everything).

Jul 19, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #135 of 144
  How much of an upgrade are these over the UE600's? I don't want to make the same mistake twice. "Upgraded" my UE600's to the Monster Turbine Gold Pros. Returned the Gold Pros because they fell apart twice and weren't much, if any, better. The AH-C300's can be found for like $80 now. Will I say "WOW" coming from the UE600's, or I am gonna go "MEH" like I did with the Gold Pros?

I listen to classic rock if that helps. Audiophile wanna-be with mediocre knowledge at best (but don't tell my nieces and nephews as they think I know everything).

What kind of sound signature are your ears asking for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back